“Not sure I want my dog staying here again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Utica

You added Knights Inn Utica to your Saves list
Knights Inn Utica
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   309 North Genesee St, Utica, NY 13502 (Formerly Super 8 Utica)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Nokesville
“Not sure I want my dog staying here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Courteous night clerk. Room smelled and TV didn't work well. Was given another room - better but had "chemical clean" smell. Building and rooms were very worn and drab. Although we could have pet in the room, there really was no place to walk the pet at night safely. Morning staff friendly but lots of noise fairly early - cleaning, laundry, talking, kids etc. Really not much of a breakfast - and what there (toast, waffles, juice, coffee) was packed up before the scheduled time. We have had good stays at other Super 8 motels, but certainly not at this one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Diane F

ANAHEIM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Worst case scenario. This place was an absolute dump. I made my reservation by phone by calling the corporate reservation line, not the actual location. The customer service agent was very professional and friendly. I explained to her my needs (moving accross the country with a truck full of belongings) and she assured me that there were ground level rooms available to which I could back up my truck and unload my belongings. She called the location on my behalf and made the reservation. When I got there I, after i paid for the room, i came to realize that the motel is actually a welfare house full of welfare tenants, and no rooms with direct vehicle access to rooms available. There were so many skeezy people around lurking and watching me unload my truck that i felt that i was in danger. The room I was assigned had obvious signs of forced entry. It smelled terrible in the room. The criminal element loitering outside the building was intimidating and scary. After only a short time we decided to leave and continue on our way and instead stayed at a clean and tidy motel 6 an hour away in Albany. I admit that I didn't ask for a refund but the criminal element loitering outside the building and in the lobby was too much to face. I will never ever as long as I live stay in a Super 8 again. I have always liked staying at the Super 8 in Effingham Illinois but i will never stay at a Super 8 again. I would rather sleep in my truck. It's too bad for Super 8 because I stay in motels about two weeks a month and until now I thought super 8 was a reasonable choice among the alternatives, but now I will NEVER consider this chain again. I think Super8 should give me a refund. Since super 8 prompted me to write this review I am also going to email it the company CEO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank LISAWRIGHTANAHEIM

Travelers are raving about these Utica hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
Hampton Inn Utica
Hampton Inn Utica
#2 of 13 in Utica
4.5 of 5 stars 510 reviews

Been to Knights Inn Utica? Share your experiences!