This is an okay place to stay if you are driving elsewhere. The roads were under construction and it was really hard to find the entrance even as you drove by!
The rooms are typical Marriott... They are clean and the furnishings are mid-level. The mattresses seemed like they were just about to be replaced. There are no views from any windows. Maybe that's why they have such heavy curtains.
The water pressure was barely adequate. One day, there was no hot water for over 30 minutes. We had to let the shower run for that length of time until the hot water finally arrived!!!
On reception, I had to wait a long time and then they couldn't find my reservation (which had been made 2 months prior!). I had to go out in the parking lot and dig out the confirmation number from my briefcase.
We stayed for 5 days and learned a bit about the place.
The restaurant food is acceptable but not a bargain for the money. If possible, eat at family owned restaurants in the vicinity. Long Island has many exceptional restaurants comparable to those in NYC at half the price!
One BIG problem you will notice is that the trays from room service sit outside the doors for hours and hours. Sometimes the hall stank to high heaven! Worse, they use the vending machine / ice room as a "storage" space for the dirty trays for even longer. One evening, the smell was so bad, it was coming under my door (which was 3 doors from the vending room). I called the front desk and asked them to PLEASE send someone up to pick up the trays (many had remains of Pizza Hut which the hotel "bakes" there...). The trays still were not picked up by 2 am when I returned from NYC!
I'm in the Uniondale area quite often and will NOT be staying here again. I'll stay at a smaller botique hotel instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full service hotel, located in the heart of Nassau County, is conveniently located near NYC and offers 615 guest rooms, a 10,000 sq. ft. ballroom and 28,000 sq. ft. of meeting and banquet space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Long Island Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Island Marriott Hotel Uniondale
- Long Island Marriott Hotel And Conference Center
- Marriott Long Island
- Uniondale Marriott
- Marriott Uniondale