“OK hotel. Strange location with poor customer service.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay For Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Uniondale
Surrey
“OK hotel. Strange location with poor customer service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and has the basics of a functions of a hotel, what more can I say.
The lobby is ok, although I stayed here years ago and it used to be alot nicer with a lovely fireplace and bookshelves, this has all gone and it has lost its cozy feel.
The reception staff are mediocre and everything appears a hassle. It was raining outside and I wanted to walk to Starbucks. I asked for an umbrella and they do not provide them! Very strange. There used to be a decent Starbucks in the lobby, now it has gone and there is a poor vending machine.
I called down to reception several times and the staff either hung up the phone, when they finally answered they huffed and puffed at any question or request.
The rooms are nice enough, clean and nicely furnished.
The location is bizarre, there is literally a Starbucks and a couple places within walking distance and that's it, it is just in the middle of nowhere!
Champions bar sells a load of greasy American snacks, the buffet breakfast is nice.
The pool and gym area are very dated and not very clean, infact they would be better off taking the cover off the pool and at least you could have sat outside around the pool during summer months, it's plain depressing!
What more can I say, if you want a hotel in the middle of nowhere, stay here.

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at this location for a family reunion in 2012. I enjoyed the room but didn’t like how Wi-Fi is not included you actually have to pay extra money if you would like Wi-Fi in your room. However they do have Wi-Fi in the lounge area but mostly all the hotels I have stayed at always give you FREE Wi-Fi access so maybe it’s just a New York thing I’m really not sure. Either way the hotel room was nice & clean which is to be expected from the Marriott brand and my bed was very comfortable especially after traveling for 16+ hours. If I had to I would stay here again. At the time of my visit it looked like the pool area was closed for construction, I'm sure it has been fixed by now. Loved how close the hotel was to that mall......very nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Following a long absence I returned as a guest to find the hotel had been refurbished with a redesigned lobby and rooms generally the entire hotel had a make over !
The room was clean as per Marriott standards and the bed was very comfortable my only criticism would be sound proofing on the windows .
I had the buffet breakfast where the service was excellent food was delicious and a good price
It was nice to see that a lot of the same employees are still at the hotel

Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

After many years our company has returned us to the Marriott for our business stays and I have to say, it was nice to be back. Although the hotel is in the middle of nowhere if your on holiday if your on business and business brings you around here then it's a good place to be. There is a large mall a few miles away with numerous other shops near it and restaurants and the like all a short drive away.
The hotel is of usual Marriott standard but for some reason I found the beds wonderful here now. Slept sooooo well and even checked out the price of the pillows to see if I could squeeze a few in my luggage but sadly they were out of my price range - no wonder when they are so good! Hotel rooms have been updated since my last visit a few years back so new furniture and decor spruced up the place and makes for a new hotel feel.
Didn't eat in the restaurant this time around but colleges of mine raved about the breakfast and for fast food followers you can't beat a fix at Champions sports bar on the premises.
All in all, a cosy stay in an odd location for most but restful and relaxing is what I needed and what I got so no complaints from me!
I'll be back.......

Room Tip: Good views from high up - obviously!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend and I stay here every year for a conference that we attend. This year wasn't the best. Our room was smaller than usual with two double beds and very little space for unpacking clothes. The coffee bar downstairs was inexplicably closed two out of three mornings; the ATM was out of service; and the couple in the room next to us had a very loud and long fight at 3am. Of course, the fight wasn't the hotel's fault, but the hotel is huge and hard to manage at a high level. That said, we've had good stays in the past and Champions (the bar) is always fun.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here on business twice. This is not a terrible place to stay if you have to be in the area which seems to have a dearth of places to stay. It is near the Nassau Coliseum and at least one college and close to several highways but signage is limited and I passed the hotel twice before finally finding the entrance. The rooms are large. The first night the room was fine. The second time, they were unable to honor my request for a king bed and the first room I was directed to had several bees flying around in it. I am deathly allergic to stinging insects and asked for a different room. The second had no bees but the TV was buzzing for some reason. I tried to unplug it but could not do so (for security reasons, I suppose) so maintenance had to come to take care of it which they did. The breakfast buffet is good with made to order omelettes and very good service, as is the regular restaurant. There is also a sports bar and although the service was very good, the menu is limited- it is a sports bar after all. That would not be a problem but one night I was there that was the only restaurant that was open in the hotel and there are no convenient places outside the hotel to eat. One has to get in one's car and then there are lots of one way roads and divided highways so it isn't an easy area to look for anything else. Shortly after my second stay my hotel bill was emailed to me and there was an invalid charge added after checkout- a restaurant gratuity that had been charged twice by mistake. I called the hotel several times and was connected with accounting. Despite leaving several messages, no one ever called me or our firm bookkeeper back. Finally, my firm bookkeeper disputed the charge through the credit card company.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is outdated. But have very helpfull staff. I stay here several time do to convention's at Nassau Colleseum.Actually the hotel situation in Long Island is not that good. Stay in Manhatten if you can.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Long Island Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!