“Absolute Charm at it's best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Gothic Eves

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
The Inn at Gothic Eves
You added The Inn at Gothic Eves to your Saves list
112 E Main Street, PO Box 95, Trumansburg, NY 14886   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Absolute Charm at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Faced with a 12hr drive home my husband and I required a B+B for our mid-way point. Initially attracted by the Gothic Eves amazing website, we were wonderfully pleased. The Inn's location is in a lovely village and within close driving distance to interesting natural sites, great restaurants and museums. Utter lovliness but not over the top. The host Rose was very warm, served us a delicious breakfast, and was very knowledgable about her business. Her passion for what she does was impressive! A very busy woman who manages her B+B in supreme fashion.

Room Tip: The Merlot Room was very private, quiet and beautifullly decorated. Rose has certainly paid fine att...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
The Merlot Suite was partially renovated 7 years ago. Three years ago, the plumbing was all replaced and a vanity was installed. This winter, the bathroom will go through it last and final renovation. I am planning on tiling the bathroom and putting an extra large shower and vanity that most guests will have no trouble finding space for their bathroom accessories.

This particular suite overlooks our herb garden and slate terrace.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Rose said that she enjoyed taking care of her guests, and it shows in her attention to every detail. She accommodated our ever-changing schedule, adding 2 nights onto our 2 night reservation and we couldn't have been more pleased. The room ended up being an upgrade, as well, to allow for the change. The breakfasts were amazing, very different each of the 4 mornings, and lovely every time. Trumansburg offers lovely places to walk, and the falls were a delight. We were visiting Ithaca, so made the easy drive in each day, and enjoyed the Hangar Theatre, Cornell U. and the other shops and restaurants in the area. We will happily return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I started working at this business in 1994. I came to this area in the hopes of finding a job that would allow me to stay home with my first daughter, Anna. Since then both Anna and Rachel have grown up and both are in college. I contemplated selling at one point, thinking that the Inn had served its purpose. After 6 months of telling my friends and family that I was going to sell, I decided that I loved my job. The thought of leaving and moving on, had no appeal. So my girls will graduate in 6 years, I look forward taking care of you until then.
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 days in the Finger Lakes area of Watkins Glen/ Ithaca with our base at the Inn at Gothic Eves. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted at the door by our host Rose (I don't know if "hostess" is politically correct anymore, lol). She told us she has run these B&B's for 19 years and truly loves what she does and picked this as her career of choice. This B&B is at 2 sites; side by side Gothic Revival style homes. The first home features dining, check-in and rooms. Beautifully furnished and restored are both but we stayed in the Cayuga Suite in the building next door to the main building. I have a new appreciation for pine mouldings and plank flooring for the comfortable feeling they give. Gourmet breakfasts were delicious with only local and organic ingredients. Great base for day trips all around the area. Taughannock Falls ( rhymes with 'mechanic' -Taganic:close enough) is a great walk and further down in WatkinsGlen ,the Gorge with its 18 water falls is a great hike.
The Inn at Gothic Eves is one of those places we would not hesitate to highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate my guests who take the time to describe their experiences. The Finger Lakes Region of NY is a pristine, agriculture community that values good music, beer, cheese, wine, theater, sustainable way of life, organic local produce and meats, education and a clean environment. It is rare to find such a place, Main Street USA. The Ithaca region where the Inn is located can tout more accolades. It has been voted by magazine and polling organizations as the most enlightened, most livable, greenest, most sustainable, the smartest, a great place to raise a family, top 1,000 high schools in the nation and the highest quality of life. See you soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights on our honeymoon. We were looking for something that was charming but not quite as opulent as Juniper Hill or the Halsey House and The Inn at Gothic Eves fit the bill. We stayed in the Chardonnay room; it was clean, contemporary and very comfortable.

The innkeeper, Rose, is incredibly sweet and a great cook. Breakfast was delicious and was always made from local ingredients that she picked our herself.

One noteworthy feature of Gothic Eves was the option for having a couples massage on premises. I can't think of a more relaxing day than following a home-cooked breakfast with a full body massage and then some wine tasting.

We're already planning on returning for an anniversary.

Cortland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our annual four-night stay at Gothic Eves for the Grassroots Festival. We were lucky enough to call Rose three or four years ago when she'd just had an unexpected cancellation for that weekend. Naturally, the Inn is completely full during Grassroots, with most of the same guests returning year after year. We feel like a little Grassroots family now and it's so much fun to return each July and see what's happened with everyone in the intervening year. I can say without a doubt that the reason for all these repeat guests is not just the Inn's convenient location to the festival grounds. Much more important, it's Rose's personal care and attention to detail as well as her magnificent rooms, beautiful gardens, and fabulous breakfasts featuring locally sourced foods. Gothic Eves is a peaceful and luxurious haven, no matter what your reason for being in the Finger Lakes area may be.

Room Tip: The Pinot Room is newly expanded and decorated. With a fabulous bed with white leather headboard, s...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to stay with my husband the night before picking up my son at Boy Scout camp and came across this recommendation in a Moon Spotlight guide for the Finger Lakes. We were given the PInot room which had its own bathroom directly across a small hallway from the doorway to the room. The brand of soaps and shampoo were orange scented and very nice. It was a hot night and the bedroom was delightfully cool with an air conditioning unit In the window. This went on and off at night and did not bother me at all (the bed was very comfortable) but my husband is a light sleeper and woke up a few times that night. The place was very clean with the small exception that the roman shades were a bit dusty because they are probably hardly lowered or raised. The breakfast was so beautifully presented and equally delicious and my dietary needs were accommodated creatively (French toast made with almond milk). We hope this becomes a yearly trip for us.

• Stayed July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The rooms are clean, up to date and comfortable, the grounds are beautiful and tranquil and Rose makes absolutely wonderful breakfasts. Nearby there are hikes, waterfalls, lakes, gorges and of course numerous wineries. Just a warm and welcoming place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Gothic Eves? Share your experiences!