“Awful!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 187 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Californian
“Awful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Decided to try this place because we were in the area. When we arrived at 6 pm on a Saturday night and the parking lot was almost empty should have told me something. Best part of the meal was the warm bread served. Salads were ok. Entrees were terrible. The sauce they use is terrible. I couldn't even eat my 18$ veal Parm meal. The veal was bland. Ordered tortellini came out not cooked. Bit into it and it was still hard eggplant was ok. Overall there are so many better places to visit then here

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Great value for classic Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Great Italian food, atmosphere and excellent service. Large portions, not a bad meal on the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Sand Lake, New York
“Bad Food & My Waiter Smelled Like A Cigarette”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was me and my husband's first and last visit to this restaurant. We went for lunch on a saturday and very few people were there except for a party being catered in a private room. My husband ordered a mushroom ravioli with a pink cream sauce. The sauce was excessive and totally overwhelmed the pasta. The sauce was also watered down and not tastey. The pasta was obviously not homemade or fresh, I asked the waiter about it and he verified that it came from an outside wholesaler. I had the bruchetta and that tasted okay but there isn't too many mistakes that could be made with bread and tomatoes. Our waiter was very nice and responsive to our needs but when he left and returned with our meal he smelled like a ashtray! Even when we left there were several people standing right at the front door smoking, I actually had to knock for the group to notice that someone was trying to leave. When we were leaving the back parking lot you could also see one of the cooks standing at the back door smoking as well. This is obviously a normal practice but I thinks its horrible in a place that deals with food preparation. I do not recomend this place for brunch; lunch or dinner

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Connecticut
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My mom and I were on vacation and had made reservations to have dinner at Moscatiello's. Not many people were there for a Saturday night which raised some concern. Mom and Dad had been there before and recommended it because it was good. We ordered the special crabmeat brushetta for an appetizer and it was pretty tasteless. Then, we ordered our meal which came with soup or salad. We chose the Chicken Ditalini Soup. When it came it was full of big chunks of celery, 2 ditalini and no chicken. We told the waitress and she suggested the Sweet Potato Soup. When we got that, it looked and tasted like Cream of Butternut Squash Soup and wasn't bad but definately not what we expected. Mom ordered the Lemon Chicken and I ordered the Shrimp Scampi. Mom's chicken was not fried brown or crisp, looked white from batter, and had lots of red pepper, not one lemon. It burned her mouth from the spice and she was not happy. My scampi had no garlic or butter flavor and the shrimp was old tasting. I went to the manager and told him everything and he apologized and asked if he could pick up the tab. I told him of course because we were leaving, and that was that. Very disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Greenbush, New York
“Second Time, Not As Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This was our second visit to this restaurant. The first time we went it was just my husband and myself. The food was good and the service was excellent. This last time, we decided to bring other family members for a nice dinner out.

We had reservations. We were the first to arrive, on time. We were seated right away. Then it seemed like we were forgotten about. It was at least 15 minutes before we were greeted by a waitress and offered a drink while we waited for the others. When they arrived, it was another long wait for them to get a drink.

The food was as good as the last time, but the service this time was very poor. We felt like we were a bother to the waitress, and she made very few trips to our table to see if we needed anything. Not the best experience for a large party event.

• Visited December 2011