“You wouldn't guess from the outside and entry but its terrific!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
plattsburgh, ny
“You wouldn't guess from the outside and entry but its terrific!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our first time at this restaurant 2 weeks ago will not be our last. You enter through a storefront that sells take out and find a small personal restaurant with good service and marinara sauce like grandmas. Each of the four guests had a differnt entree and none were disappointed. The eggplant rolatini was differnt than anywhere else and excellent. Service was friendly and not intrusive, the house wine was good for the price. We were there on a Wednesday night and the place was pretty full. Friends say it is standing room only on the weekend. Beware of the parking. there is a small lot behind the building but dont count on it. on street parking especially in the winter is a nightmare.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saratoga, ny
“Dinner at Testo's in Troy.... once again delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We frequent Testos' Restaurant in Troy, and everytime we are not disappointed. They are consistent with the quality and quantity and service every time! We had enough to bring home and the food is real Italian.... the service matches the food. and nice atmosphere!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Old time family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Discovered Testo's about a year ago and have been back several times. It is a great family restaurant with great specials. I have been very pleased with their Veal & Peppers lunch special. The scallops are very good. The staff is excellent, some of the best service I have experienced.
Red and white checkered table cloths add to the ambiance. Sauce is very good. Their only potatoes are French fries, I really wished they had mashed or baked. Salads are basic but very good. It is about a half hour drive for us but we now manage to get there once a month or so. We have taken several friends there and they are always saying let's go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cohoes, NY
“Great service and dinner specials!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went on a Thursday evening, had the lasagna dinner special: cheese lasagna and a salad for about $10. Testo's sauce is amazing! Their portions are generous, I could only finish half (it was great on the second day, too). We were a large party of 16 guests. Our waitress provided exceptional service. Every member of our party enjoyed their meal. Testo's is a lovely family restaurant: great service, delicious food at affordable prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rotterdam, New York
“Hometown feel and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I just returned from having lunch at Testo's today. to be honest I had never heard of this place. I was brought there by an elderly couple I was visiting who frequents this restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised with the food, atmosphere, prices, and wait staff! What a lovely restaurant. I do not live in the area but I was so impressed, I will be taking my husband and family there to dine in the near future.

• Visited January 2014