“Tasty Troy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
NY
“Tasty Troy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dinner starts with a complimentary chef's appetizer - pasta, often with a Thai tomato sauce. Then a delicious green salad. There's a nice selection of entrees, with our favorite being the flat iron steak in brown butter - to die for! My one regret is that the only vegetable is the salad. Overall, a great place for a date!

Visited July 2013

Albany, New York
“Romantic Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I go here for special occasions. The food is great and not too expensive. Its a really small restaurant with the kitchen on the first floor and seating on the second. It has a romantic ambience. I really like the special pasta dish they serve as a surprise. I have been going here once or twice a year for about five years and really enjoy it. The restaurant was pretty busy once which resulted in very slow service. The staff and chef are very nice.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York, Usa
“delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food is some of the best I have eaten in upstate New York. The chefs treat is really very good and a nice start. Great wine list. Food does change seasonally which is always great. You do not necessarily want heavy fall/wnter comfort food in the summer. On the river so good views.

Visited November 2012
Troy, New York
“Overpriced and not fresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were extremely disappointed by our recent visit to River Street Cafe. First of all, the chef was outback watching a game most of the time- luckily his server is so kind we decided to stay. The wine was overpriced, but tasty- definitely worth the price. The chef always sends a complimentary pasta- not sure why. It always fills us up, and doesn't have a lot of flavor. The lettuce in the salads didn't looked fairly old, and not fresh. Then our entrees. Both our meet was overdone (duck and pork), to the extent that it was too try and chewy. The sauces were both over salty, and the flavors were off. The "blood orange" sauce just tasted like candy- and didn't work with the duck. The pork sauce wasn't exciting in any way at all- just brown and salty. I could hardly eat any of my meal and left with an expensive stomach ache. Menu needs to be updated, presentation could look more appealing and entrees need to be fresher.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stonington,Ct
“Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Haven't gone to Troy much as we live in Albany but this place is a keeper. Free surprise appetizer brought to table and I wish I had the recipe. A pasta dish with roasted tomatoes, garlic, sesame oil and enough to satisfy. Then the great bread, included house salad preceeded an excellent preparation of Wild Salmon. I had 4 choices of how it could be prepared and chose an asian sesame one. My husband loved his chicken dish too. Absolutely a charming restaurant with views of the Hudson and wonderful food! Worth the drive.My only regret is that we didn't have room for dessert!

• Visited May 2013