“Absolutely disgusting!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn Tonawanda

You added Red Carpet Inn Tonawanda to your Saves list
Red Carpet Inn Tonawanda
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1900 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Tonawanda, NY 14150 (Formerly Relax Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
“Absolutely disgusting!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Do not waste your money staying here!!! Just stayed here this past weekend and was absolutely grossed out. The towels weren't cleaned, the bathroom had mold and the staff were rude! They advertise low rates, but at $150/night they're not exactly low!!! The continental breakfast was a joke and top it all off a needle fell out of the closet bar as we were packing up on our last day!!! Clearly ownership refuses to put any type of money into their hotel because they're to busy buying brand new range rovers and Mercedes Benz!!! Even if you're desperate look elsewhere!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and a Significant other stay in this Sad excuse for a motel 03-28-14 I swear I should of read the reviews first absolute worst experience at a motel and lucky for us it was just our last resort because all other Hotels were filled... Rude Service I had forgot my phone in room and went to front desk to ask for assistance to get in room to retrieve it and the Management called me "Stupid" because I left my phone in the room. I would have did some damage to his building but im better than that.. he finally gave me the key to reopen door and I let my Boyfriend return the key to the front desk. Definitely not the place to stay if you enjoy cleanliness Holes in wall and in entrance to bathroom doorway.... Cover Looked like it hadn't been washed in god knows when and Rude customer service told the front desk they will no longer ever have us as customers. Low Rank unintelligent unprofessional nonpeople no manners rude inconsiderate Disrespectful No customer service Having unclean hygiene lacking Place. IF I COULD ID RANK A NEGATIVE 5 RATING.

• Stayed March 2014
Elmira, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Date of Reservation 10-12-2013. My wife and I made reservations at this " motel " while attending a Buffalo Bills game. Upon arrival, the front desk person and a male who I assumed was her husband checked us in, only speaking English to ask us for our credit card. All other conversation was between them and was done in Hindu or some other dialect. Upon entering our room, my wife said " are you kidding me ". Where a mirror should have been in the bathroom was nothing but torn sheetrock, glue and several other undetermined stains and smears. The shower stall had missing tiles and grout and appeared to have been cleaned sometime within the last decade. The drawers in the dresser were screwed completely shut, the light in the bathroom was wired to uncovered junction box (complete with wires hanging out. The bedcover was stained with numerous undetermined species. The blanket looked as it a pack of feral cats had played tug of war with it. I immediately went to the office and requested a different room. The male manager, said I have nothing available. But he took my key card and said I will give you refund and you can find another hotel. I knew that there were no other rooms available in a 50 mile radius. He said I can rent your room for twice the amount you paid. But 20 minutes prior during our registration he pointed to the No Refund sign on the counter. My wife and I went to Target and bought a King size blanket and wrapped the bed in it and slept on top in our clothes.
We will be following up with corporate and the local code and health departments. Do not stay at this motel

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 124
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have never in my life seen a room so disgusting, after paying, we opened the room door, there was a huge hole in the bathroom door, stains on walls, shower curtain, the bed had dirty linen, smelly, torn, stained, old. the picture on the PowerPoint must have been made up because it was not what we paid for. then when we asked for a refund we were told "no refunds" we didn't even stay in the room and there was no way we were going to. I told the attendant that he must not have a conscious because how dare you rent a room like that and feel good about it. when we asked what there no refund policy was, he pointed to a sign that said "no refunds" well when I said that is just a sign not a policy, he then refunded our money. this place should be shut down, my dogs house is way better then this room was, I would not recommend this place to anyone. totally disappointed. we were also lied to, they told us it was the only room left, then why were we offered another room? what does that tell you?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Medina, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

These rooms were absolutely filithy!!! It was so dirty and stunk!!! Everything was old or worn!!! Refused to use the shower!! The woman that checked us in was not friendly at all!! Would not recommend this hotel at all~ they stated no refunds after check in , should of been my first clue!!!
Due to a family wedding we needed a hotel so we did not worry about drinking and driving was too late to change our mind!!!!! Would never stay again! My poor sister was in another room and took a shower after she toweled off she discovered 2 greasy hand prints on the towel, she almost vomited!!!!! If this apart of the Red Carpet Inn chain I strongly advise they should check into this place!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guilderland, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is now a Days Inn (no longer a Red Carpet Inn). I had the great misfortune of staying at this hotel when I was unable to find any other hotel within a 20-mile radius because of numerous activities at UBuffalo. When I arrived with my daughter at 10:30 at night, I flipped on the light switch in the bathroom to see centipedes scurrying into the crumbled and rotting baseboard. There were holes in the walls and the night stand looked as though it had been taken from a dumpster. There was mold in the grout of the shower and the ceiling tiles were falling down. It was repulsive. If it hadn't been the only room available anywhere, I would have left. I had just driven 5 hours and was exhausted. I paid $159.00 for this room and when I contacted the corporate office that night I was informed that it was a franchisee and that they could not help me nor could they refund my money. I will never stay in another Days Inn again. Ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The first 2 days of the stay was actually ok. On the third day, a friend left and gave me her key. I told management I'd like to use the room, which she had rented for a week, for my daughter. The woman at the desk flipped out screaming, and after trying for a moment to convince her, I gave up. 30 minutes later I was out by my car in front of the room, and her husband came out to confront me. He actually stalked me around the car as if he meant to come to blows, but I kept the car between us till he finally left. Then he sent a rather buff fellow in a pickup to threaten me... Needless to say for the next 5 days I didn't feel too comfortable or safe, spent most of the time with the door locked. Be prepared for housekeeping to wake you up every morning at 10, yelling "housekeeping!!" and pounding on your door with their fist. If you stay for more than a night, don't expect the room to be cleaned -- even when I asked it didn't happen.

Room Tip: Usually I take reviews with a grain of salt, heed these and amplify them.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Carpet Inn Tonawanda? Share your experiences!