“terrible...... scary” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Tonawanda

You added Econo Lodge Tonawanda to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Tonawanda
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2000 Niagara Falls Blvd., Tonawanda, NY 14150 (Formerly Grand Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Oshawa, Canada
“terrible...... scary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Terrible service, rude people, room were filthy, moldy shower curtain, broken lamp shades, main light did not work, room smelled so bad of smoke it almost gagged us.
We ended up leaving the hotel, we could not stay, hair on the beds, yellow stains, owners rude and smug, said they didn't care if we left they would be paid by hotwire anyway, please stay away, i am not a mean person, but this hotel is just awful.
We went across the street to the rhodeway inn and it was amazing, clean rooms new beds, fridge microwave, great service..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, March 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Tonawanda for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the possibility of having the rooms inspected upon the time of checkout, so that the condition is known to the management and our valued guests and agreed upon.

• Staff members and Manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the Bad smoke you reported smelling in the room and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge Tonawanda. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
HAMILTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm not sure where the bad reviews are coming from. I have stayed here 3 or 4 times now, and find this hotel to be well run, clean, convenient and a great value. There is a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge in the room, the bed was VERY comfortable, and I had a great stay. So close to malls and restaurants, and a 30-minute drive from the Falls. There were NO bugs and NO bad smells. Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed for a Bills game. Were were a large group with a block or rooms reserved. The first person to show up was forced to pay for all the rooms up front or the manager was going to rent them to other people. Apparently reserving is not enough!!Thank god I barely slept. Room is dated, smelled like stale smoke the whole time and is not cleaned thoroughly. No soap or shampoo the first night. Our cards didn't work, manager said just to get her if we wanted in our room instead of getting new cards!Turns out the door just sticks. Only saw one staff member, the owner/manager, I have the feeling she runs its herself!. She yelled at us to get into our rooms at 8:30pm one night because we were drinking outside our rooms and were too loud. She yelled and ran around like a lunatic. Suprisingly the breakfast bar was not bad, some tea,coffee, juice, muffins, toast and cereal. I would not take my wife or children here ever, glad it was just for a football roadtrip!! AND only paid $70/night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Tonawanda for your recent stay in our area.

• Front desk staff received additional training with regards to maintaining the reservation and allotting the rooms.

• Maintenance was informed of the stale smoke you reported smelling in the non-smoking room and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• The staff has received extra training in maintaining the rooms and stocks the amenities.

• I am glad that you found our Breakfast bar good.

Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Never have we been to a hotel in such poor and dirty state. The rooms stinted cigarette- supposedly to be non-smoking room, dirty laundry. Only 1 towel in a room . Staff rude . poor service at Breakfast.. Had to call each time for staff to fill up. Never going there again .
This property should be for people with pets only

Room Tip: not recommended - sorry that i did not take any picture
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Tonawanda for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training on supplying towels etc. to accommodate our valued guests.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in putting on a good cont. breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge Tonawanda. I think you will be greatly pleased.

East Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

AWFUL. Arrived at 4pm, two hours past check-in time and our room was filthy. When I spoke to the owner she could care less and very rudely told me to just "come back later". When I asked if she had any other rooms that were ready since it was already two hours past the check-in time she rolled her eyes and said "it won't take long, they only have to make the bed." I corrected her and said the entire room was dirty, not just the bed so she gave me a new key and said "Try that one". When I asked what she meant by "try" she said "Try and see if that room is clean" and then she walked away! Awful woman, horrendous customer service. The room smelled like sewage and the bed was as hard as a rock. I would never give my money to an Econo Lodge ever again. These people should not be running a business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your remark about the stay and comments about the customer service as well as room features.

Even before we get the facts, we are really sorry for the experience you had.

We are trying to investigate the entire happenings and have already taken steps to handle the issue with the housekeeping department and front office staff.

We shall ensure that such a thing is never happen again, in case it was as you have mentioned.

We shall be thankful for your understanding and would request you to choose us once again and have a new experience altogether.

Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I do not recommend that anyone stay here....not even my worst enemy. Dirty. Poor customer service. Don't ask for an extra towel or blanket cause you get the third degree. Smells funny. AC cut out during night. Just horrible experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Honestly, we thank and appreciate you for choosing the Econo Lodge at Tonawanda and for your open review.

We have taken every aspect of the review pretty seriously and truly regret such an experience. We would like to mention the steps we have taken so that never such an incident is occurred.

We have specially instructed and ensured a superior level of room service as well as hospitality from our hotel staff. The management has also taken steps to improve the upkeep of the rooms, amenities and hygiene. We are confident that this will match the expectations of any discerning guest.

We invite you to once again choose us for your stay whenever you visit our area and feel an all new experience and dedicated hospitality.

Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My room was dirty, is smelled, and felt disgusting yet I did not complain. Then on my second to last night I asked if I could be refunded for the last day because I had to go home early and they said SURE. Well the Indian old man at the front counter is a liar because they refused to do so when I noticed the four day charge on my account instead of the three nights I stayed. So now I am posting this message!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area and for giving us a review. We very much appreciate it as it can go a long way in improving our services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken by us.

• The staff working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.
We are still investigating the billing confusions.

• We have taken committed steps to ensure a high level of maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene of the rooms, which should match our guest expectations.

• Management has been suggested about a system being set up so that our valued guests could be serviced with the items for which they ask. Some sort of computer registration which will record what they have requested.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will appreciate our efforts and once again choose our hotel and see the change. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly satisfied with our actions.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Econo Lodge Tonawanda? Share your experiences!