“HORRIBLE SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Tonawanda

You added Econo Lodge Tonawanda to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Tonawanda
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2000 Niagara Falls Blvd., Tonawanda, NY 14150 (Formerly Grand Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I do not recommend that anyone stay here....not even my worst enemy. Dirty. Poor customer service. Don't ask for an extra towel or blanket cause you get the third degree. Smells funny. AC cut out during night. Just horrible experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Honestly, we thank and appreciate you for choosing the Econo Lodge at Tonawanda and for your open review.

We have taken every aspect of the review pretty seriously and truly regret such an experience. We would like to mention the steps we have taken so that never such an incident is occurred.

We have specially instructed and ensured a superior level of room service as well as hospitality from our hotel staff. The management has also taken steps to improve the upkeep of the rooms, amenities and hygiene. We are confident that this will match the expectations of any discerning guest.

We invite you to once again choose us for your stay whenever you visit our area and feel an all new experience and dedicated hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My room was dirty, is smelled, and felt disgusting yet I did not complain. Then on my second to last night I asked if I could be refunded for the last day because I had to go home early and they said SURE. Well the Indian old man at the front counter is a liar because they refused to do so when I noticed the four day charge on my account instead of the three nights I stayed. So now I am posting this message!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area and for giving us a review. We very much appreciate it as it can go a long way in improving our services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken by us.

• The staff working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.
We are still investigating the billing confusions.

• We have taken committed steps to ensure a high level of maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene of the rooms, which should match our guest expectations.

• Management has been suggested about a system being set up so that our valued guests could be serviced with the items for which they ask. Some sort of computer registration which will record what they have requested.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will appreciate our efforts and once again choose our hotel and see the change. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly satisfied with our actions.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

A very convenient location for shopping at Boulevard Mall or Walden Galleria Mall and close to bridge clubs.
Every time I return to this motel I see upgrades. The rooms are adequate for a 2 night stay. The beds are comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has a nice variety of cereal, muffins, bagels, toast or waffles (fresh make your own) and apples, oranges, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: The only negative comment I have is that the A/C combined heating unit is noisey.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
David S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
thank you for staying with us the hotel is updating the rooms and lobby please stay with us again and check out the newly updated hotel

bussness center and gym coming soon
Jamestown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Checkin process perfect. Cockroach on refrigerator. Checkout process very quick. When I mentioned the roaches, the clerk responded in the same tone as if I had asked her if she wanted a cup of coffee. Not for me and certainly not for $100+!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Econo Lodge during your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate for your review which shall contribute to the betterment of our services.

We are grateful for your appreciation on our front office staff ,who have enabled for a perfect check in and check out.

Pertaining to the other thing of your review, we would like to inform that we have taken appropriate action for effective pest control, improved cleanliness and hygiene levels.

The next time you visit our area, you will appreciate our efforts and once again choose our hotel and see the change. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be pretty satisfied with our improved services and hospitality.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had to stay in Tonawanda for one night while my daughter had laser eye treatment. The Econo Lodge in Tonawanda was the closest, although there are many to choose from on Niagara Falls Blvd. It is well priced and clean, although the front lobby smells of curry, the people are friendly and the front desk service prompt. The room was large, comfortable and clean with two queen beds. You can control the heat and it works well. Beverage machine was out of order, and you have to walk to the service station at the corner to grab snacks and sundry items. Corridor is dark and cold...a little scary. There was a fridge, so prepare in advance to bring drinks. Convenient to restaurants and lot's of shopping in the area.

Room Tip: This is a typical low priced chain and if you want no-smoking and less noise, ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
tampa, florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE! The "hotel" was absolutely FILTHY! When I checked in to my room, there were clumps of dirt on the tile! The remote control was covered in grime and filth, (in fact, it was so filthy that I even tried to wipe it down myself. But, there was so much grime on it, it didn't help! It was caked on from never being cleaned!) the bedspread looked filthy with cigarette burnholes in them! The sheets had stains on them as well. The sink was clogged and even the furniture was chipped and broken. There was no hair conditioner and only one soap. The towels were old, ragged, and looked unwashed as well. I woke up with a rash from the filthy sheets! There was a spider web above my bed! The carpets were filthy as well! The owner of the hotel was Indian and I couldn't understand anything she said. When I misunderstood what she asked, she BARKED at me! This has to be the very WORST "HOTEL" (If you can even call it a hotel!) I have ever stayed at! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER STAY AT THIS FLEABAG HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. We also appreciate the review which shall help in improving and ensuring the best services and hospitality.

We would like to state that upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

The housekeeping and upkeep department has been instructed to verify the mentioned issue and to ensure the best level of cleanliness and hygiene. They have received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

We regret the communication related issue. We have taken steps to ensure that this issue is never repeated .Suitable translators are also even considered.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Econo Lodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and we are confident that you will be greatly pleased with the improved room features and dedicated hospitality.

Germantown, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

but once we got there, and checked in, was glad that we didn't. The hotel was not fancy by any means, but we just needed a place to sleep for 2 nights while in town for a family function. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, the cleaning staff was very nice and attentive. Didn't see much of the office staff, except at check in and out, but they were friendly. Breakfast was mediocre, but something to start the day with. They really should put out a can of Pam to spray the waffle maker, it would certainly save them a mess and waste of waffles. I would stay here again though, price is right, it was close to things we needed to do. No frills, but that's ok.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Tonawanda? Share your experiences!