“Cockroaches” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Tonawanda

You added Econo Lodge Tonawanda to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Tonawanda
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2000 Niagara Falls Blvd., Tonawanda, NY 14150 (Formerly Grand Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Jamestown, New York
“Cockroaches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Checkin process perfect. Cockroach on refrigerator. Checkout process very quick. When I mentioned the roaches, the clerk responded in the same tone as if I had asked her if she wanted a cup of coffee. Not for me and certainly not for $100+!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
econolodgetonawanda, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Econo Lodge during your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate for your review which shall contribute to the betterment of our services.

We are grateful for your appreciation on our front office staff ,who have enabled for a perfect check in and check out.

Pertaining to the other thing of your review, we would like to inform that we have taken appropriate action for effective pest control, improved cleanliness and hygiene levels.

The next time you visit our area, you will appreciate our efforts and once again choose our hotel and see the change. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be pretty satisfied with our improved services and hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had to stay in Tonawanda for one night while my daughter had laser eye treatment. The Econo Lodge in Tonawanda was the closest, although there are many to choose from on Niagara Falls Blvd. It is well priced and clean, although the front lobby smells of curry, the people are friendly and the front desk service prompt. The room was large, comfortable and clean with two queen beds. You can control the heat and it works well. Beverage machine was out of order, and you have to walk to the service station at the corner to grab snacks and sundry items. Corridor is dark and cold...a little scary. There was a fridge, so prepare in advance to bring drinks. Convenient to restaurants and lot's of shopping in the area.

Room Tip: This is a typical low priced chain and if you want no-smoking and less noise, ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
tampa, florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE! The "hotel" was absolutely FILTHY! When I checked in to my room, there were clumps of dirt on the tile! The remote control was covered in grime and filth, (in fact, it was so filthy that I even tried to wipe it down myself. But, there was so much grime on it, it didn't help! It was caked on from never being cleaned!) the bedspread looked filthy with cigarette burnholes in them! The sheets had stains on them as well. The sink was clogged and even the furniture was chipped and broken. There was no hair conditioner and only one soap. The towels were old, ragged, and looked unwashed as well. I woke up with a rash from the filthy sheets! There was a spider web above my bed! The carpets were filthy as well! The owner of the hotel was Indian and I couldn't understand anything she said. When I misunderstood what she asked, she BARKED at me! This has to be the very WORST "HOTEL" (If you can even call it a hotel!) I have ever stayed at! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER STAY AT THIS FLEABAG HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. We also appreciate the review which shall help in improving and ensuring the best services and hospitality.

We would like to state that upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

The housekeeping and upkeep department has been instructed to verify the mentioned issue and to ensure the best level of cleanliness and hygiene. They have received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

We regret the communication related issue. We have taken steps to ensure that this issue is never repeated .Suitable translators are also even considered.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Econo Lodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and we are confident that you will be greatly pleased with the improved room features and dedicated hospitality.

Germantown, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

but once we got there, and checked in, was glad that we didn't. The hotel was not fancy by any means, but we just needed a place to sleep for 2 nights while in town for a family function. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, the cleaning staff was very nice and attentive. Didn't see much of the office staff, except at check in and out, but they were friendly. Breakfast was mediocre, but something to start the day with. They really should put out a can of Pam to spray the waffle maker, it would certainly save them a mess and waste of waffles. I would stay here again though, price is right, it was close to things we needed to do. No frills, but that's ok.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Stouffville, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I booked this place using alumni discount for $103.00. When we checked in, I was given a clean and decent room. With in 5 minutes the daughter of the hotel operator knocked on our room and said that we were given the wrong room and need to vacate immediately to anohter room. The room I was given smelled of Marijuana (its a smoking room). I plead with the hotel staff for a differenet room as I had a 6 year old daughter with me and I booked for a non-smoking room. I was told either take this room or go and find a hotel else where. No refund will be given as well. She went as far as saying that I should be happy for the price that I am paying as the going price for the room that night is over $160. The carpet had stains all over the place and the sheets on the beds were never changed. I requested for new sheets and changed them myself. It was a busy weekend and I could not find room on any other hotels and the Lodge staff is well aware of this hence the attitude. I will update some pictures soon. Dont ever stay at this slum. Hopefully, Choice Hotels chain will do domething about it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

At the outset,thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge, for your recent stay in our area. We appreciate your review and take it quite seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The hotel staff have received effective training as to handling of similar situations and about ensuring a guest friendly hospitality.

• The Management and housekeeping were spoken to about the quality and scarcity of linens and also steps has been taken to ensure a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will certainly appreciate the efforts and once again choose to stay with us and experience the change.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We (myself along with family members and friends) always stay at this hotel when we travel to Buffalo. Although we live in Toronto, Canada, we shop in the Buffalo area at least four or five times a year.

The location of this hotel is fantastic! It is right off the 290W highway, within 10 minutes of Walden Galleria mall and the Fashion Outlets mall. It's relatively close to the US/Canada Border as well. There is also the Boulevard Mall close by, as well as other restaurants and stores along Niagara Falls Blvd.

The best thing about this place, other than the location, has to be the price. We hardly spend time in the room so really, all we need is a bed and a working bathroom! This hotel can provide that. There are no frills, but there is a flat screen TV in each room with cable and free wi-fi internet. There is also a small continental breakfast offered in the mornings, consisting of toast, muffins, cereal, juice, and coffee (sometimes they bring out the waffle maker and you can have do-it-yourself fresh waffles!).

Overall, this place is decent for the price, good value, and awesome location.

However, please beware of the cleanliness factor. After several years of staying here, we did see a cockroach on our second last visit. We notified the front desk and they assured us they would fix the problem. The next time we went, we did not see anything, so it appears that it was fixed I guess. We also bring our own pillow cases, etc.

If you just need a bed to sleep in, on a budget, and you're not overly picky about decor and amenities, then this is the right place for you! :)

Room Tip: Call ahead or check in early to get the best room!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
David S, Owner at Econo Lodge Tonawanda, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hotel is under new managment ,
hotel just had a update
new lobby area new breakfast area (full free hot breakfast )
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

All we wanted was a place to stay over Black Friday that wouldn't bust the bank. We got what we paid for and actually stayed an extra unplanned night. Desk staff were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Tonawanda? Share your experiences!