“Do NOT stay here. Read the other reviews!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Royal Inn to your Saves list
Royal Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1387 Niagara Fall Blvd., Tonawanda, NY 14150   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
“Do NOT stay here. Read the other reviews!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed here for about two months in between our lease expiring and moving out of state and I will not soon forget how horrifying the experience was. When we first began our stay everything seemed okay. The room wasn't great but not unlivable either. Our first week was fine and we paid for the second. Then things started going wrong. Halfway through our stay we were asked to switch rooms due to remodeling. I would have had no issue with that had we been switched to a room similar to the one we had. We both smoke and were switched from smoking to nonsmoking, the room had a smaller bed and bathroom, and while the room was bigger, we were right in between two other long term guests who were EXTREMELY noisy. We weren't being offered room service at all for about seven weeks on end. We took out all our own trash, bought our own towels and toilet paper, and my fiancée even vaccuumed the room on more than one occasion. Every time we asked, they would promise us tomorrow we would get room service. In addition to that, half the channels didn't come in or have sound, we didn't have a coffee pot in our room, and in order to have phone service you have to either pay them twenty in cash or leave a credit card. Then comes the issue with paying. We came in on a Friday night so we paid Friday to Friday for two weeks. Then I switched to Saturday because it was more convenient with our pay schedule. We paid every Saturday between 11am and 6pm depending on when my fiancée was at work. The last week of our stay, my fiancée goes to get ice and is told we have to leave this week. He asked why and the reason we were told is that we weren't supposed to cook in the room, mind you we used a crock pot and the microwave provided to us. So we agreed to leave when our week was up. The next day we get a phone call at ten thirty asking if we were leaving by 11 or if try we're going to have to charge us a late fee. This was on a Thursday so I said that we pay on Saturdays and will leave then. They took us into the office an tried to tell us we pay Friday to Friday and then I said okay so we'll leave tomorrow. Then it changed to you pay on Thursdays so you have to leave today. They had stopped giving us our receipts about three weeks before do when I asked to see mine it mysteriously wasn't there and they have to call the owner. I was under the impression that they were the owners but okay. So I get a phone call ten minutes later asking if a fax was okay. Not thinking I said yes. So we packed our things on the off chance we were wrong. The receipt fax comes in and sure enough looks like the dates were whited out and rewritten. I brought it up and asked to see the original. They said I could pick it up when I left. So we left around 11:30 and picked up our "original receipt" which was a new receipt with my information written in by someone who was not myself. The signature was clearly forged and you could tell compared to the fax. We left willingly because I could not spend another day with the idiots who run that business but I would not recommend that hotel to ANYONE. There are plenty of affordable rooms in the area, and if they were booked I would recommend sleeping in your car before you give the "Royal Inn" a dime.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Worst customer service,worst rooms,worst motel I ever stayed.rooms has roaches,bed bugs,and all kind of Insects you can imagine,I stayed for few minutes after geting the room,I requested refund the owner refused.
My advise please dont stay in this Motel, DAYS INN and HOWARD JOHNSON by the Airport also owned by the same owner..

Room Tip: pleas dont stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tonawanda hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Okay, so after reading all the TERRIBLE reviews about this motel, I still went there anyways! :) And boy, was I surprised.....actually I was pleasantly surprised! First of all check in was a breeze even though it was late in the night. The girl at the front desk was so pleasant and helpful. When I got my key and went to my room, to be honest I was sorta expecting a "flea bag" room but was happily shocked to find a very neat and clean room with a very big and clean bathroom. The walls everywhere looked freshly painted and everywhere looked clean. I went to check the bed and linens and towels and they were clean and smelled fresh. No bugs anywhere! (And believe me, I checked thoroughly) :) I am such a clean freak that my daughter even calls me germaphobic all the time :) so if I tell you that this motel was clean, then it WAS CLEAN! I simply loved the big and spacious clean bathroom. Room service came every day and I KNOW my bed linen and towels were changed every day. Trust me, I know! I loved the fridge and microwave in my room as I was able to buy food to last me for more than one day. And don't get me started on the location! Malls (Boulevard Mall) eateries and grocery stores were all nearby for my convenience. The only problem I can honestly say that I had was the smell of cigarette smoke in a non smoking room but when I told the staff they constantly used a heavy duty spray that eliminated the problem. I stayed at this motel for four (4) nights. Was suppose to stay for seven (7) nights but because something came up (Home issues) I had to leave sooner. I spoke with the motel staff/owner and Booking.com and was given a refund on my credit card for the remaining nights I did not use. I don't understand why all the bad and terrible reviews on this place. I enjoyed my stay here and I will definitely come back. Ok people, it's not The Ritz or even close but for the price I think it was ok. I will take somewhere being clean over anything else. Thanks to all the staff at the Royal Inn for your kindness and helpfulness.

Room Tip: This place is not as bad as they say. I proved it for myself or probably I was just lucky to get one...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hoping to find a decently priced hotel in the Niagara area my wife and I were sucked in by reviews on another website that must have been written by the hotel staff. The room was absolutely disgusting. From the fecal matter and hair we discovered on the toilet seat to the electrical arcing behind the wall everytime you threw a switch the hotel resembled something from a grade B horror flick. The entry door from the outside did not fit in the frame and there was another "mystery" door in the room that had a small latch to keep out whatever was lurking behind that door. The carpet and bed spread were moldy, smelly and dirty. There were old mattresses outside some of the rooms and trash strewn about everywhere. Did not feel safe as we observed some people in run down cars that appeared to be living at the hotel arriving with bags of food. We forfeited the room, gave back the key and were out close to $70.00. Needless to say the manager refused to reverse the charges to our credit card despite the fact that all we did was tour the room briefly. It was an experience that won't be soon forgotten.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

Very filthy, stains on comforter, and holes in sheets, bugs in the bathroom, stinks! Awful! Waste of money!

• Stayed July 2011
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

okay, so in desperation my husband my one year old and myself stayed there for 2 months. they charged $200 for a weekly rate. the light in the bathroom didn't work and was never fixed. the tub/shower was unuseable. the management took pride in banging down the door and even walking in without knocking every monday morning at 8am when the money was due. housekeeping stole money and ate food out of our fridge. bugs were a problem and yoou better hope you are a smoker because the second hand smoke flows free through the EXHAUST fan in your room. worst place i've ever been to. ever.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

The worst place ever. We stayed over the May 24 weekend and we came from Canada. The room was dark then we opend the curtins and it looked horible. We thought ok its only 2 nights. Well we went next door to Pizza Hut for dinner and brought back the pizza for later. We had noticed ants in the room so we put the pizza on top of the t.v unit, when we woke up the next morning the box was compleetly covered in ants and we moved the box and there were thousands more. When we went to the office they acted like they didn't know what ants were. when I finaly got a can of bug spray the can was almost empty which was not a good sign. After agruing for a while they desided to finaly give us another room. No bugs but still not good. Trust me DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Stayed May 2008

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!