“OMG worst experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Fargo, North Dakota
“OMG worst experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Worst customer service,worst rooms,worst motel I ever stayed.rooms has roaches,bed bugs,and all kind of Insects you can imagine,I stayed for few minutes after geting the room,I requested refund the owner refused.
My advise please dont stay in this Motel, DAYS INN and HOWARD JOHNSON by the Airport also owned by the same owner..

Room Tip: pleas dont stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Okay, so after reading all the TERRIBLE reviews about this motel, I still went there anyways! :) And boy, was I surprised.....actually I was pleasantly surprised! First of all check in was a breeze even though it was late in the night. The girl at the front desk was so pleasant and helpful. When I got my key and went to my room, to be honest I was sorta expecting a "flea bag" room but was happily shocked to find a very neat and clean room with a very big and clean bathroom. The walls everywhere looked freshly painted and everywhere looked clean. I went to check the bed and linens and towels and they were clean and smelled fresh. No bugs anywhere! (And believe me, I checked thoroughly) :) I am such a clean freak that my daughter even calls me germaphobic all the time :) so if I tell you that this motel was clean, then it WAS CLEAN! I simply loved the big and spacious clean bathroom. Room service came every day and I KNOW my bed linen and towels were changed every day. Trust me, I know! I loved the fridge and microwave in my room as I was able to buy food to last me for more than one day. And don't get me started on the location! Malls (Boulevard Mall) eateries and grocery stores were all nearby for my convenience. The only problem I can honestly say that I had was the smell of cigarette smoke in a non smoking room but when I told the staff they constantly used a heavy duty spray that eliminated the problem. I stayed at this motel for four (4) nights. Was suppose to stay for seven (7) nights but because something came up (Home issues) I had to leave sooner. I spoke with the motel staff/owner and Booking.com and was given a refund on my credit card for the remaining nights I did not use. I don't understand why all the bad and terrible reviews on this place. I enjoyed my stay here and I will definitely come back. Ok people, it's not The Ritz or even close but for the price I think it was ok. I will take somewhere being clean over anything else. Thanks to all the staff at the Royal Inn for your kindness and helpfulness.

Room Tip: This place is not as bad as they say. I proved it for myself or probably I was just lucky to get one...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hoping to find a decently priced hotel in the Niagara area my wife and I were sucked in by reviews on another website that must have been written by the hotel staff. The room was absolutely disgusting. From the fecal matter and hair we discovered on the toilet seat to the electrical arcing behind the wall everytime you threw a switch the hotel resembled something from a grade B horror flick. The entry door from the outside did not fit in the frame and there was another "mystery" door in the room that had a small latch to keep out whatever was lurking behind that door. The carpet and bed spread were moldy, smelly and dirty. There were old mattresses outside some of the rooms and trash strewn about everywhere. Did not feel safe as we observed some people in run down cars that appeared to be living at the hotel arriving with bags of food. We forfeited the room, gave back the key and were out close to $70.00. Needless to say the manager refused to reverse the charges to our credit card despite the fact that all we did was tour the room briefly. It was an experience that won't be soon forgotten.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Very filthy, stains on comforter, and holes in sheets, bugs in the bathroom, stinks! Awful! Waste of money!

• Stayed July 2011
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

okay, so in desperation my husband my one year old and myself stayed there for 2 months. they charged $200 for a weekly rate. the light in the bathroom didn't work and was never fixed. the tub/shower was unuseable. the management took pride in banging down the door and even walking in without knocking every monday morning at 8am when the money was due. housekeeping stole money and ate food out of our fridge. bugs were a problem and yoou better hope you are a smoker because the second hand smoke flows free through the EXHAUST fan in your room. worst place i've ever been to. ever.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

The worst place ever. We stayed over the May 24 weekend and we came from Canada. The room was dark then we opend the curtins and it looked horible. We thought ok its only 2 nights. Well we went next door to Pizza Hut for dinner and brought back the pizza for later. We had noticed ants in the room so we put the pizza on top of the t.v unit, when we woke up the next morning the box was compleetly covered in ants and we moved the box and there were thousands more. When we went to the office they acted like they didn't know what ants were. when I finaly got a can of bug spray the can was almost empty which was not a good sign. After agruing for a while they desided to finaly give us another room. No bugs but still not good. Trust me DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Stayed May 2008
Bay area,CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Please dont go here. The motel was completely breaking apart.
It was not at all clean the carpet looked liked it had been vacuumed couple of months ago, bed sheets had holes in them and the bathroom was just a mess. On top of all these they increased the rate of the room after we had called to reserve it. Initially it was 125 and then they moved it up to 150. Totally useless room and useless management of the motel.

Stayed July 2008

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!