“Cioppino Supreme” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Syracuse, New York
“Cioppino Supreme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

For over 15 years Jean and I have been sampling cioppino all over the US. Until last weekend, the top five restaurants were on the west coast from Redondo Beach to Bellingham, WA to Little Italy in San Diego and downward in ranking from there. For years we have enjoyed the excellent food at Frankies. Now after having cioppino there last weekend for the first time, we have found the real #1 cioppino dish that we have been searching for all these years.

Frankies served, without a doubt, the best of the many, many coippino dishes we have ever tried. Redondo Beach, you lost your crown to Frankie.

Very good flavor, well presented seafood dish and a lot closer to home, cioppino is a good complement to all your other great menu items.

Thank you Frankie and Tina.

Gary and Jean

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Rochester, New York
“Best seafood pasta dish I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I went here after my parents had dined there the night before and raved about the food. The place is big, and had a very cozy Adirondack feel. We ordered a bottle of wine at the downstairs bar and we were very pleased at the price ($18 for a nice Chianti that at other restaurants would have cost at least $30). We were seated upstairs and the service was fine. We both ordered the seafood pasta special: a whole lobster tail plus claws, clams, mussels, shrimp and calamari with beautiful imported wide ribbon pasta in a white wine sauce. We had side salads and warm crusty bread. The dressing is simple and delicious. When our food arrived, Frankie served us our dishes in a huge, unique bowl and all we could say was WOW! The seafood was fresh and the shrimp were so big we kept mistaking it for another lobster tail. The calamari was extremely tender and the wide ribbon pasta the best I have ever tasted (and I am a huge pasta snob). We raved the whole time we ate it...we must have said "Oh my God" too many times because the diners next to us called over the waiter to change their order to the seafood special as well! We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Old Forge region :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummmmmy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Happy 4th of July bday dinner or our daughter there. Asked them to bring a dessert they did - the BEST chocolate cake ever! Stuffed mushroom - was worried because it was only one and wanted to share with my husband and daughter - it was giant and omg!!!! So tasty! I usually have bad luck when I go ou to eat, my husband always picks the best and I am usually always unhappy. I was so happy this time! Thank you guys so much for a very tasty meal and singing happy birthday to our daughter!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ny
“Can't 'fuhgeddaboudit"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you enjoy great food, friendly service and a relaxing atmosphere, be sure to put Frankie's on the top of your restaurant list. Our family has been eating at Frankie's for years and have never had a bad meal. Frankie's passion for what he does comes through in all his dishes. Sauces are varied for the main ingredient, be it chicken, veal or seafood. One word of advice would be to save room for his can't be beat gelato. Making the trip to Frankie's will make your taste buds happy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McLean, VA
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you like Italian food, you have to go the Frankie's. Clearly the best Italian food within 20 miles of Old Forge. Great variety, tasty sauces, and pasta done just right. And the homemade gelato is to die for. I like the sampler with 3 different flavors. It's a treat you're family will talk about for weeks.

• Visited June 2013