“Dinner at The Steak House” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Jamestown, New York
“Dinner at The Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The wife and I had decide to spend a week in Old Forge, NY inside the Blue Line that makes up the Adirondacks. The Steak House is always a good place for a nice dinner. They have daily specials 7 days a week and a menu that offers something for everyone's taste. The prices are reasonable for the area. The food quality is excellent. The service is quite efficient and the tables are spaced very comfortably apart. We have put this one on our list of restaurants to return to.

Visited October 2013

Utica, New York
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I didn't even get to order our dinner before we left the restaurant disgusted. The waitresses were appalling. I cannot believe an owner of any business that expects to remain in business would keep the waitresses that work there. I was there for approximately 20 minutes and in that time did not hear either waitress say one nice thing to any customer. It seemed that they went out of their way to be rude. I will never return.

Visited October 2013
“Do not eat there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The service was absolutely the worst experience of my life. The waitresses were rude. A poor elderly lady had a very bad accident in the womens room, which was located next to our table. By the time the waitresses got done most of the restaurant knew what had happened in the restroom. Our waitress happened to be the one who cleaned the restroom. When she came out, she tried to serve our dinner. No thank you. We were there for about 3 hours and left. I went outside called the owner to tell him about his rude demeaning waitresses and he had no interest in hearing about it. Piss poor business. Absolutely disgusted.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Sunday BBQ night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

They have a special deal on Sundays with food cooked on an outdoor BBQ. Very good, although it took a while and was probably a logistical nightmare for them, since it was pouring rain the night we were there. I had BBQ shrimp which were really good but a tiny bit undercooked - a couple more minutes on the grill would have made them much better. I thought about asking to have them cooked a bit more but by then I'd eaten most of them. Others had steak, ribs and chicken and said they were really good. The sides with the BBQ stuff are limited - corn, potato salad, cole slaw, beans etc. All good and big servings. You can also get more standard sides (French fries etc.) and standard menu if you don't want BBQ. Full bar, pleasant family atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
Skaneateles, New York
“Should change the name”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sunday is bar b que day. Read the menu online with plenty of steak choices, we decided to try it. Sundays they only have Delmonico steaks available. Not sure why it's called a steak house.

Visited August 2013

Been to The Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.