“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Auburn, CA
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel is newly remodeled and was a pleasure. Staff was attentive and helpful. We attended a wedding in the area and the bride's family provided a pre-wedding dinner and after wedding breakfast at the hotel. The food was perfectly prepared and better than any other buffet we have ever had. The hotel facilities are everything you would expect of a Marriott's.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cortlandt Manor, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

Stayed at the Marriott Tarrytown on Valentine's Day, hoping to have a nice relaxful night with my husband. Hotel staff very attentive when I checked in, made reservations at Ruth Chris and as always, dinner was wonderful.

Next morning, I recieved a call from the front desk at 1040AM to come downstairs immediately for an issue regarding my car. I ran downstairs to my surprise, 2 Greenburg police officers were waiting for me. All my tires and rims from my van were stolen. My van was left on 2 cement cinder blocks. The security supervisor told me he noticed my tires missing from my van at 730AM, but did not call the police since he did not know who it belonged to and as a private citizen, the police would not respond to his call. I thought I heard it all... After filing a report, and contacting Marriott headquarters, I was told they WILL NOT take an responsibilty for the theft... all I wanted was for them to cover my insurance deductable of $500.00. Can't believe I was told, I should expect this since I live in NY... Also found out, another guest's BMW's computer was also stolen on the same night. They should have some type of liability, or at least inform all over night guests of the thefts involving thhis hotel.

Will never stay there again!!!!!

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

I stayed at the Westchester Marriott recently with a large group, and it was one of the better Marriott properties I have stayed at in the Northeast. The room was much bigger than average and had nice amenities in the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

What a bed!!! Love the bed, can't say enough about how awesome that bed is. This place has eveything - restaurants & bars (good drinks, good food, friendly service), a good gym, nice indoor courtyard with a pool. The bathroom is nice with quality toiletries. Order room service, the staff is so professional - it'll amaze you how nice they are. It was such a nice stay - sorry no pictures but that's how seriously comfortable this place was, I didn't want to get up and do anything (Actually, I took one, exactly one picture). Even if you live in the area, just go for a night - just for fun, it'll feel like you went on a nice little trip. Enjoy everyone!

• Liked — The amazing service
  • Disliked — Only a few restaurants nearby
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

My company has sent me to the Elmsford area all summer. I have tried the nearby Doubletree, the Hampton Inn, and the Tarrytown House, and I recently tried the Marriott. It is typically more than my company wants to spend, but the Tarrytown House and the Doubletree were booked, and I promised myself that the one time that I stayed at the Hampton Inn would be my only time. Hence, the Marriott.

It is expensive compared to the deals you might get at the other three hotels, and it is a typical Marriott. There is s somewhat typical atrium pool area, overlooked by the inside rooms, and it has a lobby bar, a tavern and a Ruth Crist Steakhouse. The lobby itself was comfortable and welcoming, and the staff were very pleasant.

The room was somewhat nicer than the standard rooms at the Tarrytown House and those the Doubletree, although not dramatically so (one nice touch – gooseneck reading lamps on the beds’ headboards). The bathroom was well appointed but the towels were no better than average. The bed was comfortable, although no more so than the beds at the Doubletree or Tarrytown House. The clock radio was vintage 1970’s, and could receive only one station in the radio-saturated Metropolitan Area.

In short, the hotel was a standard Marriott and largely what I expected, although more than I wanted to pay for - nearly twice what I had paid at Tarrytown House 3 weeks before. I missed the grounds of the Tarrytown House, and no breakfast was included.

What flabbergasted me was the fact that the only Wi-Fi was in the lobby. The rooms had wired internet access, but you had to sit at the desk and there was an additional charge on top of the already expensive room. For those there on business – and that seems to be their target customer – this development was baffling to me.

Would I go back? Probably. But it was a corporate hotel, it lacked the character of Tarrytown House or the value of the Doubletree, and if I was spending my own money, I would look at the other two first.

• Liked — The room was what I expected
  • Disliked — No WiFi
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
herndon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I have stayed here several time before when the rates are competative. The food is always good, although a little pricy.

The only problem was the AC was not workijng great, since it was a really hot day. The front desk did send up a man who tried to fix it so it would cool the room a little better than when we arrived. The halls were unbearably hot , so I knew before I opened our room door, that we were going to have a problem.
We were gone all day and when we returned the air did seem a little stronger but it was cooler at night, so it was hard to tell . Not sure I would stay here on a very hot day, the AC just doesn't cool the room enough and I was told that this is the way it is in ALL the rooms.

The rooms, I think are a little small, but the bedding is great.
If you can get a good price and it is just you and a guest I would say book a room. However, if you are thinking of more than 2 people in the room, I would think twice, unless you can ask for a larger room.

• Liked — Bedding, food
  • Disliked — AC unit, small rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Boston Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

This hotel is beatiful, the beds are heavenly. The lobby is lovely lots of room to relax look at tv, read a book, get a drink, socialize ect.
In the lobby right before getting on the elevator is complementary fruit water and fresh baked cookies. There are two resturants pricey, but I'm from the south. The pool is inviting, after a swim there's a sauna and showers with soap and shampoo and a state of the art exercise room downstairs ajacent to the pool. This is truley a wonderful hotel that I had three days of luxury and sleeping like a baby in the wonderful beds. Thanks Marriot !

• Liked — Beds,cleaniness
  • Disliked — pricey resturant
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westchester Marriott? Share your experiences!