“Excellent Service and good business option” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dine and Stay Package
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Tarrytown
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Service and good business option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent business stay. The rooms were clean and updated. The hotel staff was very professional and detailed oriented - including the hot chocolate in the lobby during the cold days. The hotel offers two very good restaurants, including a Ruth's Chris with a quaint bar. The workout facility was excellent with a lot of great equipment. I will make this my regular business hotel for my frequent trips to the area after this experience.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I did not have a choice in booking this hotel as I was attending a conference. The service was impeccable, meals excellent and varied. I was given a room on the 7th floor (Concierge level) and therefore had access to the Executive Lounge on the 9th floor. Like other travelers, I was not informed that I had access to the lounge, nor of where it was located; I ended up figuring it out on my second day on my own. The elevator system is great, no waiting for it to stop on every floor, basically you get a dedicated ride straight to your floor almost every time. The rack rate is pretty pricey, so I was happy to have access to a Corporate rate.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The location is very convenient to get onto the major highways, and the noise was not heard through the windows even with our room facing the street.
Hotel room was very spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable, and there was no problem getting extra towels after contacting the front desk. Matter of fact, they arrived only minutes later. Room service was prompt and they tended to particular request without extra charge. Tried the steakhouse on the lower level, which was crowded on a week night but did not take away from impeccable customer service.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Front Desk attitude checking in, stained chair and carpet, small room with big bed, finally offered to change my room because I threatened I would give them a bad review (which I am doing anyway!) 2nd room was the same but without stains BUT I was right next to the side entrance door and could hear noisy people coming in and out until 2:00AM (busy night), room was cold, wall heater was noisy, had to ask for another floor heater, thin walls, could hear people in the hallway talking, kids running around. My first night sucked. Second night was quieter but was glad to leave. Staff was friendly and quick, nice lobby, good food restaurant food, excellent gym. Hotel too big (400 rooms) old building, dust infested air vents, noisy with front desk attitude.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed at the Westchester Marriott in November 2013. The front desk staff was very friendly. One of my colleagues told me that the restaurant, Cooper's Mill, has free coffee or tea for Rewards members. Nowhere is this promoted. I went to the Front Desk and asked a very friendly gray haired front desk clerk for my Rewards number, because I heard that there was free coffee or tea for Rewards Members. She insisted that there was no such thing. I told her that the person who told me was sure of the information, and I requested my Rewards number regardless. When I went to the restaurant, and told them that I heard there was free coffee or tea for Rewards members, she went and got me some coffee without a second thought. Why was this information not promoted anywhere? Why did the Front Desk staff act as if they did not know of this benefit? If the clerk really was unaware of it, then why was that?

I know all Courtyards, which are also Marriott properties, have free tea in their lobbies all day long. I don't see why the Marriott, which is a step above the Courtyard, acts like the free coffee is a big mystery.

One of the people in my group told me that in the room next to theirs, there were a group of teenagers staying in the room by themselves, with the parents in another room. He said the teens were noisy and running in and out of the room, and starting at 11 pm he called Security. Nothing was done. He then called a second time and nothing was done then, either. Finally, at 1 a.m. he called and told them that if it were not taken care of he was going to call the police. Security then went and dealt with the parents and the teens were quieted.

I just read another traveler's review saying there's a Concierge Lounge for members. Another benefit that is not promoted. I am a Rewards Member and in the 6 or so times I've stayed at this hotel in the past two years, I have not been told once of the Concierge Lounge or where it's located. Why is that? Is the hotel trying to save money by not promoting it's benefits? It seems foolish to offer benefits whose purpose is to increase customer satisfaction and then not promote them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This facility is nice. The rooms are a good size. Housekeeping does an excellent job. We had no noise issues (7th floor). "Smart" elevators are an interesting change.
But a few details created issues.
First, in the 21st century, Wi-Fi should be freely available everywhere. The nickel and dime (actually over $13) for a single day of Wi-Fi is a downer for me. The front desk offered to comp one day. I accepted, but that didn't happen until I mentioned it at check-out. Glad I read my bill thoroughly.
Second, it's hard to find out about where the member benefits are. No one told us where the concierge lounge was. If it's a benefit, it shouldn't be a secret.
Is there complimentary coffee in the morning? Where? If not, why not? Why the secrecy?
A good small detail: the sausage on the breakfast buffet is excellent, far above average.
I suppose my ranting about the plethora of additional charges is trying to keep the tide from rising. I just think it lessens the experience when every little thing comes with a [not so little] price tag.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had earned a free night with our Marriott points, so not wanting to go to far from home we decided to get in the car and head to Tarrytown, NY. The area is beautiful with so much to do and see. The Westchester Marriott is magnificent, our room had a small bar area/kitchen type set up, large windows huge living room and bedroom & bath. The workout room was nice and the pool with separate hot tub was so relaxing! A perfect place to get away all we were looking to do was read & relax and dine. Fun place, clean and convenient with great restaurants. try the Steak House.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westchester Marriott? Share your experiences!