We stayed in the cottage (which is not listed on the web site), a pokey 1930s 3-room building, charming on the outside, but ludicrously laid out within. Although it is known as a conference center, this hotel has no suites for a small business meeting; so we had 2 unconnected rooms that were across the hall from each other: a bedroom, and a living room -- each requiring separate keys that do not open the other room. Each has a full bathroom, but they have no towel bars, and no soapdish or shelf in the stall shower (where are you supposed to put your soap and shampoo/conditioner? On the floor?). You have to step outside the shower and walk to the other end of the room to grab a towel or robe, unless you want to leave it on the floor outside the shower stall. The sink and towels are in a dressing area outside the bathroom, though there is plenty of room in the bathrooms for these amenities.
The rooms are very dark and the blinds didn't stay open. The refrigerators will only keep water cool, but will not keep refreshments cold. Not very practical when you are hosting a meeting in the living room.
Breakfast, which was included in the package, offered abundant options, from dry cereals and rolls/muffins to fresh fruit, smoked salmon, and made to order omelets and waffles.
I wouldn't recommend staying in the cottage, though the other rooms may be brighter and more comfortable. Therefore, I will leave open the possibility that the rest of the hotel might be more congenial to travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate all offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center NY - Westchester County