Fortunately, there was excellent signage directing us to registration, for the road meandered through truly lovely landscaping. There was convenient parking for registration in a beautiful lobby, though there was an easy walk along garden paths to the rooms. Rooms are large and very clean, and there are granite double sinks in the dressing area, though bathrooms vary a little in size. Our only complaint was that, on our first visit, our room air conditioner seemed to blow toward the closest bed; we may have been able to aim it differently had we not been too tired to try. In spite of this, and probably because of the exceptionally friendly, courteous, and helpful staff, we returned on a second trip to the area the following week - and had a room without the air conditioning problem. With appointments in New York City, we found it very pleasant and convenient to stay here and take the commuter train into the city.
We ate in Cellar 49 on our first trip. It is an attractive venue, and both small and large plates were available. Breakfast, we think, is a not inexpensive buffet, but with a coffeepot and refrigerator in the room, we brought muffins and had a quick meal to start an early day.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Dolce Tarrytown
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center NY - Westchester County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend escape from the city or a destination wedding, Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, seasonal basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.