i stayed here labor day weekend with my husband and our two children who are 4 and 7.
the outdoor pool was very nice and the flat screen tv was nice as well. but there were no good channels (i.e. mtv, vh1, disney, etc) we had to change our room three times until we found one that was close enough to the pool. with small kids you dont want to hike to the pool/breakfast each day.
the breakfast buffet was also good and service was okay. the indoor pool was very small and the gym needs to be updated as well. the rooms were spacious and clean but i felt the bathrooms could be updated too.
we asked the front desk for a nice italian restaurant and the best they could do was recommend a pizza shop that was a dive. i guess this place is good for business but not really for families. we enjoyed the outdoor pool more than anything.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Dolce Tarrytown
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center NY - Westchester County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend escape from the city or a destination wedding, Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, seasonal basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.