We have been coming to this "resort" for a few years. Now that it seems that the secret is out, we are writing a review. Although they cater mostly to the business clientele and weddings, it is one of our favorite spots for a quick weekend retreat out of NYC. Without traffic, it is within an hour drive from NYC, but seems like a whole different world. Also accessible by metro north and a quick cab ride.
Lovely grounds, with extensive history. Beautiful views. Rooms are standard, unless you stay in the mansion. Had a few issues in the past, ie mini frig not working properly, but maintenance addressed problems immediately. Some things to keep in mind, vast property without elevators and parking lots are often far from the room. If you have limited mobility, make sure you specify your needs. They will accommodate. The crib was not to our liking, metal bars that the baby kept banging into. bring a portable playpen instead. There is also a room that is "haunted". Been told by other guests that have stayed in this room of incidents, all friendly.
The food is limited, but good. Breakfast is a great deal for the $. During the summer months, lunch at the cabana (typical grilled food) or Cellar 49 (great burgers, but they will not deliver, even within the property). Dinner option is the Cellar, again limited but good. The surrounding towns have great restaurants, if you have the option of venturing out.
There is a whirlpool, sauna, an outdoor and an indoor pool (great when you bring the children). There is enough recreation... Tennis court, squash court, bocce, gym, another tennis court that is used as a volleyball/basketball court. The only negatives are limited pool chairs, pool towels (small and poor quality), and some cleanliness issues with the pools and shower room. Indoor pool area is too warm.
With all that said, what makes this property a stand out is the staff. Everyone from the reservation/front desk to the crew at the cabana are are warm, friendly, and very helpful. Ciara, at the cabana, works diligently and multi tasks around the property, always with a smile. She paid special attention to not only us, but to our grand kids when we brought them for a family weekend. Joe is a great addition to the team. Very efficient and checked on us to try to accommodate our needs. Nora, at the cellar, is always a delight. Special mention to the weekend life guard, Christian, unlike the other lifeguard (unprofessional and intrusive).
We love this property and already planned two more weekends before the end of the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate all offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center NY - Westchester County