“Great location, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlottesville, VA
“Great location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay here on our trip home - I was a little surprised to see this was a two-story motel-style building after seeing the pictures of the lobby online, it definitely didn't seem 'Doubletree', but the rooms were clean, relatively roomy, and quiet. We had a not-great experience with our waitress during breakfast in the restaurant (very slow, not friendly, and she gave us advice on how we could have ordered differently to save money AFTER the bill came), but it certainly didn't ruin our stay.

616 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four months in spring/summer of 2013. From the time I check in until my final stay the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home. I stay at Hilton properties all over the world and my interaction with Danielle and Kenneth was the best I have ever had. They both went out of their way to make sure my stay was perfect.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Great Job!!
Vic

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amagansett, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently came to the Doubletree for a wedding and took three rooms for the family for the evening. Rooms had a musty smell to them, and we adequate at best. We had reserved adjoining rooms, and first when we got there, we were told they weren't available. They eventually go this corrected but it should have been done in the first place. The hotel and ballroom were beyond cold....felt like the affair was held in a meat freezer. Food was again adequate and I'm sure other hotels in the area beckon.

Room Tip: You want to be near the lobby...hallways go on forever....if you get a rooom in the back.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I know this sounds petty but I was in-transit between Montreal and New York, and I've become used to those buffet breakfasts that are part of the hotel experience. A buffet at $18 a person was not really what I wanted before going back on the Thruway. I realized that the DoubleTree is more of a destination than a transit hotel, but having a quick bagel and coffee would have been nicer at the hotel than at Subway. Other than that this is a great place to stay.

Groton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice hotel. Very close to NYC by car or train. Great value: clean, safe, and quiet. Convient to several family friendly local dining(good bagel place, italian with great pasta, and a nice diner. Right off the highway, but still quiet at the hotel. And great cookies.

BROOKLYN, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Dissatisfied with the staff. Room was not ready on time and could not get a decent response from staff as to why. Refrigerator froze all my food and my medications were ruined and all I got from them was"I'm sorry".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Conklin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been staying at the Doubletree in Tarrytown,NY hotel for six months.
The staff has been wonderful and they make it a pleasure to stay at this hotel.

Shara and Dolly of the front desk have really done an excellent job of taking care of my needs and I wanted to recognize them.
They are always positive and attentive

I will continue to recommend that my company's staff stay at this hotel.

Thank you, so much for running a great hotel with a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for recognizing our team members, Dolly & Shara. We are thankful that you have selected to stay with us.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown? Share your experiences!