“Great Cookies!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tarrytown, New York
“Great Cookies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My hotel had a fire and the guests were routed to the Double Tree Hilton for the last week. The desk staff is very nice. I told them I smelled a smoke down the hall and they sent 3 staff to investigate. They do not tolerate smoking which is great. I ordered a tin of their chocolate cookies and ate them all they are delicious. The room service is very prompt and if you find the order not quite what you wanted they correct it. I do wish the bathroom was bigger and my little fridge was bigger though, but the fridge was free. The only strange thing is the air fresheners they have pumping in all of the hallways. It smells like spoiled red wine, awful. At first that is what I thought it was, because there was a large party when I arrived. The internet is slow too. But overall the stay has been really good and I will be ordering more yummy cookies!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Yes, the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown is a 100% non smoking hotel. The DoubleTree by Hilton presents a freshly baked, warm chocolate chip cookie with walnuts to each guest at check-in. The cookie suggests DoubleTree hospitality, and symbolize its culture of care. We are glad you are enjoying your stay. With regards to the odor, we will soon be investing to upgrade the facility with new air handlers dedicated to the common hallways.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night. Service at the front desk was excellent. They even helped us with a special request. Special thanks for Michelle at the front desk that gave the extra mile to help us. Nice lobby. Room was a nice size (compared to staying at Tmes Square area). Clean And confy bed. On the negative side. That wierd smell mentioned in other reviews caused me a sinus attack because I'm a super alleric person. Since the first moment a entered the lobby and the room inotice the smell. It is like a strong febreze type of perfume. In the room, the temperature control didn't worked and the unit was off, so we needed to open the window to allow the air to flow around the room. Didn't call front desk given we arrive late and it was only a night. No chocolate cookie when we arrive but the hotel was full so maybe they run out of cookies. I also noticed that the "hotel evaluation card" leaved in the room was already marked with excellent review, including a "yes" in the question of the chocolate cookie. Hope it was that previous guest filled it and it was not replaced with a new one before our arrival. So mixed feelings about it. Hope they fix the "smell" problem. Will recommend as a nice place to stay if you dont expect luxury facilities. I think the rate was ok for what we get. But if you are hyper-sensitive to smells or perfumes, don't stay there.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytwon. I understand you selected the hotel as a great location convenient to NYC. We appreciate your recognition of our front desk staff, the lobby, the size and comfort of the guest rooms.

With regards to the air freshener, we will soon be investing to upgrade the facility with new air handlers dedicated to the common hallways. In addition, we are considering placing portable electric fireplaces in each guest room as an alternative to central heating system. I am sure the comment card was left by a previous guest. Thank you for your recent stay.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a person that travels for work and I love coming to this hotel. The front desk folks are literally the best I have ever seen. Just a smile, a hand, a nice word and quick easy service.

The rooms are very nice, everything is clean and up to date. Their gym is much better than you usually find, and most importantly their coffee that they give complimentary every morning is the best (no small thing).

They just have it together.

Room Tip: It is a really big hotel so I usually ask to be near the gym which is also near the front.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review of our staff. I agree the coffee is excellent at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. We look forward to your return.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Please don't put me on a recurring email list; I just wanted to let you know about two of your employees with whom I got excellent service from during my recent stay (01/02/2013 through 01/16/2013) at the Doubletree Hotel in Tarrytown, New York:
1. Shara Andre (Desk Receptionist)

2. Gladys (Housekeeper)

The above-mentioned positive experiences would normally encourage my wanting to return to your hotel there in Tarrytown; but here is the reason I will NOT be staying there in the future:

The chairs in the dining room are extremely uncomfortable; even if the excellent food were not so reasonably high-priced, I still am NOT planning to stay at the Tarrytown Doubletree again, because of the dining room chairs' extremely high backs, which make it difficult to stretch one's back and thereby having to stay in basically the same position for the whole meal – PLUS there are no arms on the chairs!

Doug E

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable, clean, and quiet. I find that the hotel is very self contained which is a feature I love. You can eat at the restaurant/lounge, get room service, have a drink at the bar, go for a swim, or workout all within the facility. It has an overall cozy feeling and the staff are always friendly and helpful. This is my hotel of choice when I have to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for the "excellent" comments regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. We are glad to be your hotel of choice and look forward to your return.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The rooms are real comfy and the beds are super! Its really clean and really convenient and priced well. The staff is pleasant and the decor is nice. It's really close to all venues, NYC, Westchester, Rockland County.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. We look forward to your return.
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I held my baby shower and stayed at this hotel. The event space was set up and clean prior to my arrival, they had signs to guide my guest to the space, they where very accommodating to my many request. My family and I also spent a few nights there before the shower and they made shore we had adjoining rooms and was close to the elevators for easier travel. The rooms where clean and the room service was excellent. I ordered my breakfast the night before to arrive at my room at 7:30am and it arrived at 7:29. The house keeping staff did a great job keeping the room tidy, and stocked with lots of towels. Everyone was very polite and accommodating I will definitely revisit this hotel for a weekend getaway, or future events.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for celebrating your special occasion at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytwon. We look forward to hosting your family events for years to come.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown? Share your experiences!