“Excellent hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
NY
“Excellent hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was flying out of Westchester airport,,stayed one night..Great front desk,,great bar,,just a great hotel..Lots of free parking,,stores everywhere,,and one of the greatest sleeping experiences I ever had..The mattress was fantastic.Only setback was I had problems connecting to Wi-fi, I think it cost 9 or 10 dollars a day....No shuttle to the airport,,I guess its to far away...I will stay again..

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great stay and will definitely book again. Checked in Friday 11-29 for one night. We were going to be attending a sporting event in the Bronx and this location was great. Took us out of the hustle and traffic of the city, but was able to arrive at the event within twenty minutes. The hotel was very nice, well appointed rooms, clean, and very attentive desk agents. Things that could make this hotel better would be some sort of breakfast other than the expensive full service type service. There are comparable properties right in the same area that offer that option. There was a grocery store right in the same parking lot which was convenient.

Andrew the front desk agent was great! I found that I had left my pillow behind after checkout and called the hotel. Andrew took care of everything and my pillow is on it's way to me. Thanks so much Andrew!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jennifer s, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Tarrytown. I am happy to hear the commute to the Bronx was convient to get to from our hotel and got there in a good amount of time. I will also acknowledge the agents for thier great work. I apologize for the full service breakfast, we do have a Club lounge package that allows you to have complimentary breakfast it is 20 dollars extra per night and you have the full service menu available to you on the weekend. During the week we have a continental breakfast on the lounge. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to seee you again soon!

Front office supervisor
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Although we have only a handful of loyalty points, the staff seem always to recognize us as repeat customers. This time, we had our dog with us and were not charged a fee. We were upgraded to a club room, etc., etc. — all welcome efforts in a hotel whose nondescript location means that the extras have to come via service.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the center/elevator are a bit larger, so there's a tradeoff of noise and space.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear le_valet_de_pique,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Tarrytown. I am glad to hear you had a pleasent stay. We work very hard to make sure our guests have good time and enjoy themselves. I will pass on to the staff what a great job they did to make your stay pleasent. Hope to see you again soon!

Front office supervisor
Ocean, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Sheraton in Tarrytown New York is a favorite stop while visiting the Fall foliage and sites along the Hudson River. Proximity to many mansions of the rich and famous of hyesteryear as well as historic and literary sites make visiting this hamlet just north of New York City an experience that can be enjoyed over and over again. Most of our many visits(when we can make reservations) involved stays at the Sheraton which makes the trip all the more pleasurable. The hotel and staff are recommended highly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jennifer_sanchez953, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Richard B,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Tarrytown. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. There are many mansions and sight seeing around here and historical as well. I will communicate to the staff what outstanding job that they are doing.

Hope to see you again soon!

Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I choose this property because of our Starwood membership and its proximity to office in Yonkers. After multiple stays in various room types I am happy with the overall experience.

Rooms are dark at night, although one had a very bright thermostat (!) of all things, which cast a blue glow throughout the room. Bed is supportive and comfortable, pillows are firm, not the thin things one might encounter in many hotels. Gym isn't huge, but has new equipment in good condition and allows for a variety of workouts. I was put in a Sheraton Workout room one night. Odd but nice option.

I have not stayed on Club Floor but use the facilities for each stay. Food in morning is plentiful and the space is comfortable and roomy. I have not eaten in the restaurants.

Internet is not free in the room, and the basic service that is offered is SLOW. I chose that as my Gold welcome amenity and was frustrated by the speed. Would NOT pay for it!

Also, there are just two elevators and they are very slow for a building with just six floors.

Those two things are not enough to make me stay at the other brands near this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jennifer_sanchez953, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear jdlvalium,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you again soon!

Jennifer Sanchez,
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Currently staying in this hotel for one night on our way north. Check in was a breeze and we were allowed in our room two hours early. We were even asked if we needed a later check out time. King room was a nice size, clean, and had a good bathroom. Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear slp2003,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Tarrytown. I am glad you enjoyed our stay with us. It is good to hear you found everything comfortable and clean.

I hope to see you again soon!

Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here during our trip to Sleepy Hollow. The hotel is located right off the highway. A supermarket is right across the parking lot. The lobby and rooms were fine. Breakfast in the hotel's restaurant was average. The best thing about this hotel is its proximity to Sleepy Hollow and the highway.

Stayed October 2013
jennifer_sanchez953, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Rmy1221,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Tarrytown,

I noticed that enjoyed your visit to Sleepy Hollow. Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow have so much to offer such as the Lyndhurst Castle , Kykuit, and Philipsburg Manor. Sleepy Hollow offers great restaurants as well as the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit at the Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Front office Supervisor

Been to Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel? Share your experiences!