“Nice place, nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Montreal, Canada
“Nice place, nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this property because of the great rate on Hotwire. It was worth the price, nice hotel, very helpful staff. Kevin was very helpful in organizing a shuttle to a family event. I hope that if the GM reads the review, that he will reward or recognize that he gave us a great experience at the hotel. Thanks.

Stayed April 2013
Bill40, Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mtlnative

Thank you for staying at The Sheraton Tarrytown! We are so happy that our amazing staff made such an impact! We will recognize Kevin for his great leadership and guest experience.
We hope to see you soon.

Sheraton Tarrytown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Location is set next to a highway and in the parking lot of an enormous supermarket (quite depressing). The staff from front desk to waiters and even mangement are generally unfriendly and not helpful. The elevator cannot hold more than 3 people without failing. Food in the restaurant comes out extremely slowly and is subpar. The heating unit in my room was blowing cold air; took 3 phone calls from morning to afternoon to get someone to address it. Despite having booked a king bed room was stuck in a double bed room- this made for an uncomfortable and poor night's sleep. No apologies or compensations were offered for this mistake on hotel's part.
I've seen other reviews that say this and have to agree that I would avoid the Sheraton Tarrytown and stay at the Marriott down the street-- better location, better staff/ service and superior restaurant (Ruth's Chris steakhouse).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alex S.

Thank you for staying at The Sheraton Tarrytown I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had in our home. We strive to deliver the best guest experience, but I can see that we failed and the technical issues that happened have been resolved.
Our home is very cozy, and has modified our training to services to make sure this does not happen again.

We are very proud that the Trip Advisor community has recognized our excellent services in more positive responses then negative.

Assistant general Manager
Scarborough, Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

i spent a weekend here with three 14 yr old boys for a soccer weekend. the hotel itself was in a great location and the room was ok...i was just disappointed by the size of the beds. i guess i never really knew how narrow a "double" was !! It didn't look like they had an option for 2 queen beds which is usually what i find at other hotels, a king and a pull out couch may have been a better way to go. we did have a fire alarm on the 2nd night, but found a letter under the door the next morning offering up a free breakfast as a way to say "sorry". We slept in and did not take advantage of the offer, but after seeing the letter it did explain why the restaurant staff was so frazzled when i did go down and ask for a cup of coffee and a couple spoons. can't beat the location and value for a clean, modern place so close to NYC, so i can't really complain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bill40, Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Tim K,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tarrytown to spend with your family, I apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm going off. Our family strives to make sure that our visitors are safe from any issues or fire. Unfortunately a guest decided to place an item (metallic) in a microwave to heat up.

We understand the main reason you stay in our home is to get a good nights rest, so if there is a disturbance in your sleep we still would like to make it up to everyone.

Be safe on your future travels.

Hopkinton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I found this hotel ok. My king bed on the exective level was small. The room seems like the same as any other room (as far as amenities) but being on that floor there is a small "grab and go" type area that has drinks/snacks... not a real lounge where you can sit. Service is ok, but not distinguished. Like the location, theres a supermarket next door. Free parking is nice but standard for the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed our stay in the Sheraton Tarrytown around the date of our wedding. Many of our guests also stayed here and everyone was very pleased with the accommodations, the service and the location of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were modern and clean. The staff was extremely helpful, professional and responsive to our needs. I only wish the rooms had a safe. Also, even though you can request a small refrigerator for a fee, it would have been better to have refrigerators in every room for no extra charge. Wi-fi is free in the lobby, otherwise you must pay. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in the Sheraton and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can afford the a suite, go for it. It was worth it, especially if you want to entertain frie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Miguel New York,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Tarrytown.I am so happy that you and your friends were able to spend time with our family.

The Sheraton Tarrytown takes pride in the special services offered to all of our guest. It is also special since you are a senior contributor to TripAdvisor that your comments move us to continue our great service committment to all guest.

Thank you again for making our home your choice for your guest.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for about 6 months. Kevin and his team made me feel comfortable every night. The staff was very courteous and helpful during my entire stay. I would recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a good night sleep and a comfortable bed. In addition, the lounge and preferred floor is not too bad. I have seen worse in my time at spg properties.

For a Sheraton, this place does the trick. Location isn't bad - near the highway and the grocery store across the street makes it easy to eat healthy. Staff was great to me and always was overly accommodating. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mike F, General Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel and staff. I will share your comments with the team especially Kevin.

We hope to see you in the future,
Mike
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My first review because I feel so strongly about this experience. I'm a business traveler who has had the misfortune of staying at this property about a dozen times total. I should add that I'm a platinum member with Starwood (parent brand of Sheraton), so if my experience is any guide as a traveler who stayed over 90 nights in the last year with this brand then it speaks volumes for how poor the management is here. With each stay there was an issue- this would range from heating units that blow cold air and take several phone calls to get fixed, to broken TVs, broken showers, to very slow food service, to constantly broken elevators, leaking windows, to mistakes on the bill, to unfriendly front desk, to exceptionally rude management (the last straw).
I would like to speak to this last point because I've never had a customer service experience so shocking in all my life; I was scolded and insulted by the General Manager, Mike. I am a sales person by trade and do not necessarily believe that the customer is always right, however, that they should be listened to and most importantly treated with RESPECT at all times. This was not the case with Mike. I had asked why a promotion which been honored for my last several stays would not be honored this time and the waiter brought the GM over who was standing nearby. In front of a full bar the GM very rudely told me when I asked for simple clarification that "we don't have 5 page legal disclaimer on the promotion poster in the elevator" and that "you are, I'm sure a very intelligent person and understand what the promotion is designed to do." Naturally I was surprised by this condescending response and caught off guard, so I cut the conversation, paid and left the restaurant. I later asked to speak with him in private to let him know that I did not appreciate being scolded and embarrassed earlier. Before I could begin to explain this he interrupted me and raised his voice to explain the policy and treat me as if a child and not a person who spends 90 nights a year on the road in his brand hotel. He would not let me explain that I was extremely upset about the way I was disrespected by him earlier and continue to be during this conversation. After literally 15 minutes of carrying on an argument, condescending to me and directly insulting my intelligence several times, he relented and apologized for his reaction when he finally understood my point. Too late...
Needless to say, I will never let my company book me at this property again and will stay at the Marriott a block away with the Ruth's Chris steakhouse under it! I urge anyone considering staying in the area to avoid this Sheraton as long as the same General Manager is running it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike F, General Manager at Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Mr. Randazzo,
As I did that evening, I apologize for making you feel this way.
Wishing you all the best in your future travels.
Mike

Been to Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel? Share your experiences!