“Always a good time to sit out and eat lobster and sip a frozen drink” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Striped Bass - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
New York
“Always a good time to sit out and eat lobster and sip a frozen drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The lobster is yummy...it was only $1 or 2 more than the lobster roll, so I went with that. The frozen drinks are good, but I was charged two different prices by two different bar tenders. FYI - The outside tiki bar/food is cash only, but I think they have an ATM inside.

Visited July 2012

Chappaqua, New York
“Beautiful views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love the views from the restaurant. If you can go at Sunset it is really a treat. The food is good, lots of fish on the menu but not particularly memorable.

Visited October 2011
Hartsdale, New York
“Bad service Bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I had heard service was bad before went and the stories were true. It took a long time just for someone to come and ask if we wanted a drink or water. Then the waitress delivered drinks separately and blamed it on the bartender being slow. Some of the food was actually OK including the crab cakes. The saying, Don't buy a steak at a seafood restaurant holds true at this place. I ordered the Black Angus Shell Steak cooked medium. I cut it open and all the meat was gray, it wasn't over cooked it was just OLD. I couldn't eat it and sent it back. I would recommend staying away from this place. There is another place to eat with a better view just behand the restaurant. I can't vouch for the food as I have not dined there.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Not service excellence...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Even though the reviews have not been so great for this outdoor restaurant recently, we still went. Didn't have a problem there for lunch last summer (Sunday, July 31, 2011).
Our party was seated promptly Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:45 and our waitress wanted to take our drink order even before we were able to pull our chairs in. We told her to come back. Ordered drinks and apps before dinner. The waitress spilled a bloodly mary on my mother. When they served dinner, she spilled a water all over my chair while i was in restroom. One of our orders came with french fries so asked for ketchup twice and never received it. Asked for lemons for water three times and never received it. Asked for diet coke twice and never received it. My mother didn't have a fork and we finally saw one on a empty table and grabbed it for her after ten minutes of asking. It was 17 minutes before the waitress returned without the lemons, ketchup or fork to see how everything was. That was when my friend let her have it... Can't believe they don't teach their staff to offer a drink or dessert on the house if there are so many errors. My friend called the manager Matt after and he offered a free meal next time...really?

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Croton on Hudson, New York
“More like Striped Mess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

It took a long time to get our drinks. By the way, the restaurant was half empty. My martini came in a wine glass. Waiter said they ran out of martini glasses. Remember, they were half empty. My wife asked for prosecco. He told us they don't serve that. She looked at the wine list and said, "What's this?" "Oh, I guess we do have prosecco." OK. Appetizers took quite a while, but were good. Main courses took forever. The lobster was good, and free, due to an email offer on my birthday. Yes, this is how we celebrated my birthday. Waiting for everything. When we could not wait any longer for the check, we went to the manager's stand. He told us that there had been an error and our check had gone to another table, who paid it. They were re-doing everything, while we stood there endlessly. The check included an 18 percent tip, and I said I did not want to pay that much. The manager said I had to, because the terms of the free lobster dinner was an automatic 18 percent tip. We went back and forth, while I tried to explain that horrible service does not deserve 18 percent. He would not budge. We will not budge either -- to return there -- ever.

• Visited June 2012