It was a secret. I didn't tell her where we were going. I hadn't seen it in person either so as the car rolled up the driveway the experience was jaw dropping. Historic landmark so you know all is as it was with few improvements. Five course tasting menus compete with painted ceilings, grand pianos, chandeliers animals carved in stone on fireplace. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. Down comforters, comfortable robes (mine could have been bigger) room service. The spa was in a word enlightening. I didn't know what it meant to relax like that. Massive windows in meditation room. The massage was.. You guessed it great as well. It's kind of expensive but you get what you pay for I plan to get some more soon as I can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure that was meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel, offering guests royal-quality service, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features Auberge-style, natural French-inspired cuisine. The luxurious new THANN™ Sanctuary Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Castle Hudson
- Castle Hotel & Spa Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County