We had a small group, including a young baby, and needed a hotel close to the city for a quick family getaway. Tarrytown is a lovely little burgh, great restaurants and views. Very quaint.
The hotel is very close to the center of town, but be warned - you need a car to get around. Parking, as far as I know, is free, but valeted.
Pros: insanely comfy beds! Large rooms, free minibar (drinks only), nightly turndown service. Nice continental breakfast included. Lovely grounds and pool area.
Cons: Minibar isn't restocked, not much difference in size between a suite and a regular room, not baby-friendly (they provided a crib, but it's not a hotel for kids). Window treatments are a bit heavy, so rooms tended to be fairly dark. DIRECTV service was out for most channels.
I wish I'd known about the pool - lovely little bar area. Restaurant is quite fancy, not the best option for vegetarians, and drinks were quite expensive.
My real issue was that check-in time was 4pm, and our room wasn't ready until after 5pm. We had three rooms and they were able to accommodate us fairly quickly (by 4pm) for the other two. We were offered sparkling wine upon arrival.
I think they ought to upgrade their bathrooms (eliminate the bathtub and put in a nice steam shower) and bathroom products - which were "wood" scented, by the way!
I'd recommend this hotel to friends looking for a quick getaway from NYC as long as they rented a car! Not a great choice for families, but excellent for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure that was meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel, offering guests royal-quality service, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features Auberge-style, natural French-inspired cuisine. The luxurious new THANN™ Sanctuary Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Castle Hudson
- Castle Hotel & Spa Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County