My BF and I came here for Valentine's day weekend! (stayed two nights) we were so happy to find something with availability yet close to nyc..
We both got treatments at the Thann spa.. it was very very nice especially all the amenities.. the locker room was filled with anything you could possibly need.. Shampoo, Soaps, Cleanser, and even toothbrushes! There is a beautiful co-ed area in the middle of the treatment rooms that had ton of food (all complimentary) and great magazines/books to inudlge in before or after the treatment. I got a facial and was expecting much from it... but when I during the treatment I was told that they don't do extractions.. Seriously??? It doesn't say that anywhere on the menu and should had been clearly indicated since extractions have become to standard. instead she told me she would use some sort of stone that she would press against my face..... really a waste of time is you ask me.
Although my facial was a waste of $ my BF said his massage was decent. I honestly could have went there just to enjoy the lounge area and gym (which was totally empty) - that was the only thing worth while to be honestly..
Next the restaurant. what a disaster. for Valentine's day they had a pre-fixe dinner with lots of fish and you could not pick and choose ANY of your entrees... since it was a pretty chilly weekend we decided to dine in... but honestly it's incredibly lazy of them..... it was Valentine's day for goodness sake not restaurant week!!! Then a table of women were complaining for nearly and hour with the waiter about the pre-fixe menu... instead of escorting them out (they were SO incredibly loud) 30 minutes later the chef came to "negotiate" a dinner for them. Not fair and rude. Also the waiter forgot to give us a pen to sign our bill... it took us nearly 20 minutes to get his attention.... I wish we could have tipped 0 but my darling BF wouldn't do it. The waiter.... who basically isn't taking orders because it's a pre-fixe menu.... really did nothing expect hand over my mojitio's...... and you can't even remember to give us an f'ing pen?!?
of course we had the same waiter for brunch the next day (which was decent by the way) and he forgot the pen again... omgggg......
Now to the better things.. the room was really spacious and quiet... the bathroom was really big and there was a second vanity sink outside which is perfect for us girls to do our make up. The have valet parking that is super quick quick quick.. the valet guys were sharp and fast and very professional.. perhaps our waiter could learn a thing or two from them? Front desk was great as well. Other pro is that this is a very fast drive from Manhattan and a very short drive to small towns and shopping.
This all being said... I beg you to please make sure that if there is a pre-fixe menu that you really want to eat everything thats on it!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel
- Castle Hudson
- Castle Hotel & Spa Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure that was meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel, offering guests royal-quality service, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features Auberge-style, natural French-inspired cuisine. The luxurious new THANN™ Sanctuary Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.