This is one of my favorite special places to stay .It is a real castle!! If you really want to score points with your spouse or partner , stay here for a get a way. My husband and I stayed here for one night after eating in the Equus restaurant, which is part of the castle. . The rooms are beautifully decorated in rich European style. The best of everything, crispy linens lush carpeting and drapery. Plants in the hallways and rooms, beautiful paintings on the walls. We stayed in a spacious junior suite, room #301, facing west and checked in just in time to enjoy the beautiful sunset overlooking the Hudson River. On December1, the management changed .The staff told us about the temporary closing in 2013 for an entire rennovation of the castle. There seems to be a smooth transition taking place from European to more of a Japanese influence. , but there will be many changes in the future when it becomes more of a resort. I have been to Japan several times and I'm very impressed with how much attention is assigned to perfection and service. I have no doubts that this new management will succeed. The property is on top of a mountain right over the TapanZee Bridge, and overlooks the Husdon Valley below. In the summer, there is a beautiful pool area and bar open, which is very private. The only negative part of my stay here, was that we were supposed to have a complimentary breakfast the following morning. At 10 am we arrived for breakfast and were coldly turned away by a staff member because they were finished serving! We were never informed about the hours, and especially on a weekend being so early . After spending almost $1000 on a special dinner and room for one night ( which was quite extravagant), we weren't even offered a cup of coffee! That is something that needs to be improved.
- Also Known As:
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Castle Hudson
- Castle Hotel & Spa Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure that was meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel, offering guests royal-quality service, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features Auberge-style, natural French-inspired cuisine. The luxurious new THANN™ Sanctuary Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.