“Two visits, two great meals” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 18 restaurants in Tannersville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
“Two visits, two great meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love when the owner visits tables to say hello at a restaurant. Both times (1year apart) we dined at village bistro she did. The menu is diverse and everything our group of four ordered was tasty. Middle eastern appetizers were great. I recall the eggplant parmigian entree and salmon entree were special.

Visited July 2012

79% Recommend
White Plains, New York
“Loved the veal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stopped into the Village Bistro for dinner in May 2012 while on a weekend trip to the Catskills. We had a great dinner here on a Friday night. The staff was very pleasant, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was very nice. I had the veal, which was wonderful, and my husband had the pasta with grilled shrimp, which he loved. The veal was very tender and tasty. The shrimp were very large and delicious too! They served much better food, and at a more reasonable price, then we get at restaurants in Westchester County. I can't wait to go back here for another meal. We definitely recommend this restaurant. Also, it is located on the main street where there is plenty of parking.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Nice feel and low key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

nice atmosphere and low key feel; creative menu, in particular their Mediterranean cusine choices

Visited May 2012
westchester
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The food was delicious and the service was really good. The wait staff were absolutelly lovely and we were pleasantly surprised when we received the check. My husband and I were with our four boys, ranging in ages 9-18. The kids menu was great. Definitely worth returning to!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nyc
“A Little Sunshine in Tannersville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Did not expect much after ht eprevisou night's bad dinner experience, but this was wonderful. The service was welcoming. They let em change my side dish with a smile. The atmosphere is of someone's clean and well ordered home. Very enjoyable to sit there.

Th food was top notch for a place outside of new York City. Good size portions. Everything was fresh and well made.

My husband had chicken cutlets, I had fish with rice, all really good. Rich chocolate cake for dessert.

This is the top place to eat in Tannersville.

Visited January 2012