“Very Good for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson East Syracuse

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson East Syracuse to your Saves list
Howard Johnson East Syracuse
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   6590 Thompson Road North, NY Thruway I-90 Exit 35, Syracuse, NY 13206   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #24 of 30 hotels in Syracuse
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Good for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wasn't sure about this place at first as my co-worker had issues at his check in. I had a late check in and the indivudal checking me in was not very friendly and his appearance was more than desirable. The staff in the morning though and the next evening were great and very helpful with directions and also with recomendations of places to eat. Room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was an excellent experience. Hotel is at a great location, right on the exit from 90.So I didn't had to drive even a mile to find it. Staff was very helpful, they were quite flexible to request of early check-in as I had kids with me and I wanted to check-in around noon.The rooms were nice, spacious and clean. They have nice breakfast having option of 4 cereals(my kids enjoyed lucky charms),bagels ,waffles(loved them,do try) ,fruits , muffins , danish and other usual breakfast stuff.
Its at walking distance(less than 2 mins) from joeys, Denny's and Dunkin Donuts. 5 mins down the road was a golf course and really nice road to walk in the evening. All these things made my stay really enjoyable. I had to extend the stay and the prices had gone up from the time I booked first and they offered me the same price which made me really happy. I found their staff extremely polite and helpful,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Okay, I confess! I was looking for a hotel within walking distance to Joey's Restaurant so that my wife and I could enjoy an excellent meal after a long, cross country trip. Saw HoJo's and we pulled in. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was certainly adequate. Refrig, microwave, regular TV (not wide screen), a a full sized bed and there was also a table and chairs as well as a desk. Bathroom was kind of tiny, towels were not real fluffy, but the shower was good. Free WiFi, and the breakfast was on par with most of the budget hotels of this type. Physically the place is old, tired and does not have real visual appeal, but hey, at about half the price of other hotels near Carrier Circle (and a short walk to a great restaurant) I would certainly stay again if my travels take me here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I needed an inexpensive place to stay for a night in Syracuse before heading out of town the next morning. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, proximity to the Thruway, and the rate (~$60), I chose this facility. It served its purpose very well. The desk clerk was extremely polite and helpful. The room was comfortable. Yes, the view was of the Thruway exit. I didn't choose it for aesthetic reasons. The bed was comfortable and afforded me a pleasant night's sleep. The shower had good water pressure, but the height was about six inches short of ideal. The towels were a bit on the threadbare side, but they worked. Although there was free wi-fi at the hotel, I did not use it. There was also complimentary breakfast, but I missed it. Certainly, this is not a high-end establishment. If you need a comfortable place to spend an evening or two, though, the facility will do quite well. Should the occasion arise again, I would not hesitate in staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GurnamV, General Manager at Howard Johnson East Syracuse, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
We here at the Howard Johnson Hotel in Syracuse, NY were very pleased to to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Proximity to the Thruway and our low rates are 2 great reasons why guests love the Howard Johnson Syracuse. We always keep our rates reasonable to keep guests coming back. Hearing your kind words makes us all feel we are doing a great job. We would love to see you again if you are in the Syracuse area. Thank you once again

Been to Howard Johnson East Syracuse? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson East Syracuse

Address: 6590 Thompson Road North, NY Thruway I-90 Exit 35, Syracuse, NY 13206
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Syracuse
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 30 hotels in Syracuse
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Howard Johnson East Syracuse 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson East Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited University/Carrier Circle Hotel Syracuse
Ramada Hotel Syracuse
Ramada Motel Syracuse
Ramada Syracuse

If you own or manage Howard Johnson East Syracuse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.