“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 31 hotels in Syracuse
Napanee, Canada
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed here with friends on a shopping trip. Clean and accomodating. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

So we stayed a night at this hotel in Syracuse. I picked it because it was cheaper than most places I found and it had a free breakfast. I had visited some of the reviews here (I'm a Trip Advisor advocate despite this only being my second post). We did get a ground floor room, as suggested, so we had full access to our car just by walking outside and grabbing our gear. We have a baby so this was mildly important to us since babies come with baggage, so to speak. Anyways, the room was fine, the bathroom was surprisingly "roomey" while the shower worked well with extra towels. The A/C or heater was not distracting as I had read was a turnoff of other people. The keys for my rating though were the rather large amount of options for breakfast (including a waffle maker). I ate a solid 10 bucks worth of food before we headed off so who can complain about that? Coffee was readily available during the day, the staff were always friendly to us (including playing with our baby) and I felt comfortable being there, which is always a nice feeling to have when you stay away from home. The hotel is also right off the freeway which is a quick skip to the Carousel Mall, which was more or less the reason for our visit in the first place. Its a pay highway, and cost us a whopping 15 cents. All in all, it is what it is. A nice enough stay, it was clean, offered a good breakfast with plenty of options and a convenient location for us to get to and from where we wanted to go.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Berea, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This was a typical Comfort Inn, no frills but friendly staff. The room was dark and dingy; the shower could stand to be replaced. I was ok with all that until I woke to find a rather large bug in my bed. It wasn't a bed bug, but some other creature I didn't want anywhere near me! First floor rooms have two entrances, one from the interior and one from the exterior. I don't like exterior corridors and that probably how this little fella got in. On top of this, the hotel was not easy to access - you have to drive around a large round-about to be able to access the driveway. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We got a two-double bed room on the 4th floor. The room size was good and clean. Ample linen for the 4 of us. The washroom wass quite spacious and the tub/shower was huge. It had a spa but we didn't try it out. The sink had cracks and had started peeling from old age.

We used the A/C. It was a little noisy but worked great.

The breakfast was good if you stayed away from the eggs and sausage. The cereal was a little moist from being in the containers for so long. The coffee, waffles, yogurt, fruit and juice was good though. I didn't try the pastries.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

The Ground Floor rooms have an extra door to go directly to the parking lot, plus another door to the inside corridor. This is not a new hotel even though it is reasonably maintained trhoughout. Both the standalone air conditioning unit and the bathroom fan in my room made annoying noise when operate. The breakfast was okay but they were not refilled fast enough. Remeber to bring your GPS if you do not know Syracuse well, the hotel location is a bit tricky to find.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We had a double double room and used a roomsaver coupon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor. Everything was clean and the room was spacious. In the morning it was very busy at breakfast, but there was still enough to eat. They had a seating problem which they solved by turning the nearby conference room into a breakfast room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

This is the second time we've stayed here on the way home to MA from Ohio. At first appearances, it looks like it's in a bad area--behind McDonald's, next door to a abandoned HOJO's(?)--but it is actually quite clean, well maintained and has a great front desk staff and is very safe.They have coffee 24 hours in the lobby, which is great--there is a juice (OJ and cranberry) machine in the breakfast room which I assume is open during the day, also. It is missing the cookies we've found in other Comfort Inns--that would be a nice touch. We requested a non Pet-Friendly room, as my husband has asthma-we were given a 2nd floor handicap accessible room (couldn't guarantee it had never had a pet in it but they try to keep them on the first floor.) This is getting to be a problem for people with allergies/asthma-it's a dog's world. The room was large and the bathroom was huge--to accomodate a wheelchair, I presume. The AC was cranked and worked fine. The beds were comfortable, the wifi worked. TV had plenty of channels. The breakfast was fine with waffles, toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee cake, cereal and I got my favorite bagel with peanut butter for protein.
We got to enjoy Joey's Italian restaurant up around the rotary for supper again--reasonable and excellent food. We would return here again --maybe using the walk-in book for a cheaper rate than the AAA rate we had...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!