Been here for business several times, same deal each time. Just not the good kind of reproducibility. Indeed, a dated property with cosmetic updates. It appears very clean, and the carpets are immaculate compared to other hotels--which is usually a really good sign in a hotel--but, bottom line, nothing really works here. GOTCHA!
You arrive at the airport and there's a free shuttle offered, but they don't advertise on the courtesy board and by the time they get out there on demand, you can be there by taxi. So it's free, nominally, but in reality GOTCHA!
You check in and then leave the spacious lobby and go upstairs to the floor wing exposed to the wind. So your room is whistling all the time. OK, I can live with that, the weather's not their fault. But then you realize after a while that the temperature is extreme in the room and the fan is running hard, but the controls won't do anything.GOTCHA!
Then you fire up your laptop to get on to the free Wifi. The computer finds a strong radio signal, but you futz forever trying to get the thing to actually connect. Turns out, if you go to the lobby or use the computer late at night, it's OK but good luck any other time. GOTCHA!
The lobby and meeting areas seem to be perennially filled with students from the college just hanging out, seems like it's a supplement to the campus library. GOTCHA, unless that's what you came here for.
Try making a call with the landline in your room. Look real quick for a notice of free 800 calls, don't see any kind of notice, figure you're OK or small fee. Pick up the phone and futz with the difficult buttons to dial. Enjoy your bill when it's $2 for even the shortest 800 number called. GOTCHA.
Bottom line, if you need a hotel that makes your arrival experience with their airport shuttle easy, a comfortable room that does not have major noise or climate control problems, working internet, or reasonable incidental fees, go elsewhere, as I suspect most business travelers will. If you need a place on campus and just to sleep for something in town on a weekend, you'll likely be OK if you get the room at a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center. Located on the scenic campus of Syracuse University, we'll keep you close and connected to the best of Central New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel Syracuse
- Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel And Conference Center
- Syracuse Sheraton