“We wouldn't stay any where else!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Syracuse

You added Ramada Syracuse to your Saves list
Ramada Syracuse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1305 Buckley Rd, Syracuse, NY 13212 (Formerly Ramada Inn Syracuse)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chenango Forks, New York
“We wouldn't stay any where else!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband has been staying at this hotel for three months for work. My family spent a great deal of time there with him this summer. The treatment we have received from them is far beyond what anyone would expect for a hotel. The pictures shown are incredibly accurate, not like some times where you see pictures and don't recognize the place when you arrive. Rooms are always clean, and are modern! The pool and hot tub are amazing! There is a workout room with a window to the pool if you have kids old enough to be left in the pool, but you still want to keep an eye on them. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. They have many different things to chose from, and if you don't like whats on the buffet you can order from the menu. The staff are amazing, which is hard to find any more. I can't say enough good things about this place. Its rare to find a hotel where you can feel right at home, but I can honestly say we found one here!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the first floor over the second, but all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Overall the hotel was fine, badly in need of rennovation but fine, for $80 it was an ok place to crash for the night. The service was friendly, but the lady who checked us in had to make our keys twice because they didn't work the first time. The whole place had an odd smell and the bathroom tub had a horrible black film at the bottom. The entire bathroom really needed a good scrub. The overall clenliness of the place directly influenced our decision to forgo the breakfast buffet, I just didn't want to think about what the kitchen looked like. Fine for the night but not a great value.

• Stayed September 2012
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My daughter loves going to the New York State fair. So, once again we left Canada and headed to Syracuse. After finding out that the Ramada was only 20 minutes away from the fairgrounds, I decided to stay there.

Upon arriving, we were greeted by 3 very well groomed young people. Check in was a breeze,and were got our room right away.

The room was small, but clean and quiet. The bed was comfy and the sheets appeared to have been starched.

My daughter thought the pool and hot-tub area were "neat". The area was indeed clean, and we enjoyed our time in this area.

I checked out the bar, while my daughter relaxed. The drinks were cheap and the bartender was friendly and provided a lot of local knowledge.

The breakfast was a hot buffet, and not one of those cheesy " bagel and corn flakes" types of breakfasts. The serving staff were polite and very attentive to my daughter and I.

I would no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone. It was well worth the money.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed while on a shopping trip for school clothes and stuff. Enjoyed our room, one of the cleanest I have ever been in. We had an easy time getting to the Destiny Mall it was only minutes away. The pool area was clean and for the most part wehad it to ourselves while there. The only thing I wasnt happy with was the breakfast buffet. The food ran out and it was a while until they replaced it.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been going to Ramada Inn, Syracuse for a few years now and this time, was better (cleaner and room smelled better).

Room : They did not have room with 2 double beds available at the time of reservation but we had a room with 1 king bed and a sofa bed. The king bed was very nice and confortable. The sofa bed ... not so much. There was a desk chair, a small microwave, a small fridge and a safe in the room. We asked for another desk chair and got it very quickly. Good service !
If you have a mobility problem, make sure to mention it, cause some rooms located on the second floor are very far from the elevator.

Location : Ideal ! if you are going for shopping. Nearby you will find : Sunoco (gas), (Subway, Burger King, Emmi's Antonio Soft Ice cream, Tim Horton, further down Buckley road a nice greenhouse , Carousel Center (mall), a liquor store,... all you need is near by. Front desk always willing to help you give you direction.

Reservation : If you call, you will get most likely the Ramada Inn WorldWide reservation system. Personnaly, I don't like that, I prefer to deal with the hotel directly, so I had to ask because or else the hotel directs you automatically at that call center.

Wireless : good, no problem there.

Pool : nice pool (all shallow) and a nice spa with a timer. You grab your towels at the pool.

Breakfast : is included. The service could have been a little faster.... but other then that good choice at the buffet. There is only one toaster...and it's a bit slow. They could use at least 2 good toaster in the morning.

If you are going to Syracuse for shopping, this place is good and located near everything.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed for one night through Priceline. Every staff member has been competent and friendly, from the front desk who helped me figure out a minor booking issue to the housekeeper who helped me with a broken door lock to the restaurant server who adjusted the nachos to be vegetarian. There are things I could nitpick about, but I'm basically happy. In particular, the wireless is real like-you're-at-home-on-your-own-network wireless – how often does that happen? I haven't tried streaming movies or anything, but I can work without feeling like I'm hamstrung and that goes a very long way with me.

This is four dots instead of five because my room is a little noisy. I'm in one of those rooms that has a door to the next room over, and that door really doesn't block much noise. So when my neighbors had a conversation last night (at reasonable, indoor volume levels) it was really distracting. I can't hear my neighbors on the other side, so I think the walls aren't the problem. If you're sensitive to that sort of thing it would be worth asking for a room that doesn't have the shared door.

Room Tip: My room had a door to an adjoining room, and it hardly even muffled the sound from my neighbors on t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I rate this hotel on cleanliness as excellent. I thought that the room was very clean, around the corners where mose rooms have dust, there was none. My bathroom was very clean. I liked all the extra plugs in the room, with cell phones, game systems, cameras it was nice to have enough plugs. We also had a fridge and microwave that made having a drink or snack while staying a couple of days easy after a quick trip to the supermarket. We had very friendly staff at check-in and one of the waitresses in the breakfast area was super nice (I feel bad that I do not remember her name to give her the proper kudos she deserves)
The pool was a nice size and very well kept while we were there. The only issue was the amount of chlorine used on Thursday... My eyes are still burning.
This hotel is very close to the Destiny USA Mall, the Skycheifs stadium and an easy drive into downtown. Very much worth the price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Syracuse? Share your experiences!