“Awesome modern hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 30 hotels in Syracuse
London, Canada
“Awesome modern hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were heading home after our tour of Cape Cod and Boston and really - this was a great way to end our trip. This hotel is very modern and very nice. The hotel staff were extremely helpful. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Emilie L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so very pleased to hear that we were able to end your trip on with a good stay. We strive each day to make sure each guests leaves our hotel wanting to come back again.

Thank you for your wonderful review and we hope to see you back soon.

Emilie L

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My flight was cancelled (due to super storm Nemo). Last time I got stuck in Syracuse overnight due to flights, I stayed at the Best Western at the airport... so depressing... but that's another review. This time I decided to stay at the nicest hotel on the board. I'm so glad I did.

- The rate was very fair compared to discount hotels (perhaps due to Friday night)
- The shuttle driver was very nice, very professional & helpful and right on time
- The man who checked me in asked what type of room I wanted, offering low floor or higher up (I picked higher room for nice views & he put me on "penthouse" level) and put me on "quiet side" (though I didn't know to ask for that as hadn't read reviews) with no change of my very reasonable rate.
- Library bar/casual dining type room is very nice and comfortable with friendly staff.
- Rooms are nicely decorated. I like a little high style and this delivers. Very nice showers!

So wish me luck to get back home to Dallas today but if I'm stuck in Syracure for the weekend, I still may not mind as I'll come back to Crowne Plaza :-)

Room Tip: If you like views, ask for that as I think part of hotel faces other buildings (college?). As noted...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel. I am glad to hear that while the snow kept you in Syracuse longer you were able to enjoy the time here at our facilities. Hopefully next time you are in Syracuse you will be able to enjoy a bit of nicer weather and be able to see what our city has to offer beyond the hotel.

Thank you again and I hope your trip home went well.

Emilie L
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had to come to Syracuse for a NYS Board Exam and since I had never been there before googled downtown hotels. Boy am I glad I picked the Crowne Plaza. I had the most wonderful stay there is not enough I could say about this place. I was lucky as I booked a two nights stay so I really got to enjoy this marvelous hotel.

My room was VERY clean which in itself is a big plus with me. Not one thing seemed like it was rundown or needing attention. I did have a room that was on the side of the highway but the noise did not bother me one bit. I guess if you are very sensitive to that kind of stuff as for a room not on that side. All staff were so pleasant and helpful even when I had to ask for directions not once did it seem that I was being a pain because I had to ask them to repeat just to be sure I had it right. Redfields at the hotel is a very good place to grab something to eat especially if you don't have the time to leave and go elsewhere. Otherwise there are plenty of local establishments that I am sure the hotel's free shuttle could take you if walking is not favorable. The hotel also has a lounge bar that is open in the evenings and I did stop in and have a cocktail. Service was very good...Evan and Matthew are both top notch employees who made me feel right at home.

I had such a good experience here that I am already planning on coming to Syracuse again with the family and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Emilie L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear about the wonderful stay you had while traveling through Syracuse. I am glad you were able to enjoy the different amenities we have to offer at our hotel. We strive to make our guests feel warm and welcome. Thank you again for the wonderful review and I hope your exam went well.

Deering, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I arrived late in Syracuse and needed a place to stay with my daughter and our dog. I googled pet friendly and found the Crowne Plaza listed. The staff was fantastic, pleasant and helpful! The room was very clean, neat and comfortable. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast and a quick run in the gym. The park across the street was where we brought the dog for her walk. Not the nicest park, tons of crows but certainly adequate. Parking is free which is amazing for a hotel in the city. I will definately choose the Crowne Plaza next time in the city.

Room Tip: we faced the parking lot, not pretty but nice and quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Emilie L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear about the wonderful stay you had while traveling through Syracuse. If you ever have a chance to come back to the area when its a bit warmer the park across the street is an even better area to walk your dog through. I am glad we were able to accommodate for your family. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Langhorne, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our second time staying in the Crowne Plaza Syracuse when in town visiting friends, and both times our experience was wonderful. Our last visit we had a room right on I-81, and I was concerned about noise, but it turned out to be absolutely no problem at all. Rooms are extremely clean, beds comfortable, restaurant breakfast was great; love the clips they provide to pull the curtains really tight to provide a "blackout" effect. The hotel ran shuttle service to the Carrier Dome every 15 minutes, which was much appreciated by the guests. The exceptional staff are the reason our stays have been so great; they are very kind, professional, and accommodating. This is not a 5 star property, but the cleanliness and staff are better than some true 5 stars we have stayed in elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about highway noise, request a room not facing I-81.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our hotel. I am truly pleased to hear that the shuttle service worked out well for you. I am glad you chose to come back and stay with us again and hopefully any future stays with us will be as good or maybe even better than these past two.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Johnson City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first visit to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I was so pleasantly suprised as I didn't know a lot about the hotel or staying in Syracuse. The staff was exceptional and very helpful, the room was beautiful and very clean. I was especially thankful for the shuttle service. My daughter had an interview at Upstate Medical and the shuttle dropped us right at the door and when I called for ride back to the hotel they were there in 10 minuets. Everything about this hotel was first class!

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pelased to hear about the wonderful stay you had with us. I am glad we werwe able to accommodate your needs while here in Syracuse. I hope your daughters interview went well.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler and like the Crowne Plazas because they are usually pretty well-run and nicely kept. This hotel is no exception. Staff are friendly and well-trained. Rooms are clean and nicely appointed with comfortable beds and modern furniture. They have a free shuttle from the hotel to anywhere within 3 miles which includes a number of restaurants and the mall.

A few minor irritations here - as others have noted, it's very close to the interstate and as a result there's a lot of traffic noise. The shuttles (there are two) are pretty busy so you can't just show up at the front desk and ask them to take you somewhere, you have to go to your room and phone Guest Services to make a reservation. In one case, the wait for the shuttle was 45 minutes so I ended up walking a half mile in 10 degree weather in a suit and high heels (not fun especially when I got to the hotel and saw a shuttle driver hanging out in the lobby with the shuttle parked out front). There are quite a few homeless people in the neighborhood and what appears to be a psychiatric hospital across the street. No free breakfast but they do have a buffet that runs around $11 which is better than many four-star hotels.

Food and service in the restaurant and bar were pretty good, by hotel standards at least. I would stay here again, but plan to spend my evenings in the hotel or wait on the shuttle.

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreaciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am glad to hear that your overall stay went well. I do apologize for the shuttle service not ebing able to pick you up as stated. We try our best to accommodate the complimentary shuttle and sometimes we are not always able to do so.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through syracuse.

cpsyracuse.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!