My flight was cancelled (due to super storm Nemo). Last time I got stuck in Syracuse overnight due to flights, I stayed at the Best Western at the airport... so depressing... but that's another review. This time I decided to stay at the nicest hotel on the board. I'm so glad I did.
- The rate was very fair compared to discount hotels (perhaps due to Friday night)
- The shuttle driver was very nice, very professional & helpful and right on time
- The man who checked me in asked what type of room I wanted, offering low floor or higher up (I picked higher room for nice views & he put me on "penthouse" level) and put me on "quiet side" (though I didn't know to ask for that as hadn't read reviews) with no change of my very reasonable rate.
- Library bar/casual dining type room is very nice and comfortable with friendly staff.
- Rooms are nicely decorated. I like a little high style and this delivers. Very nice showers!
So wish me luck to get back home to Dallas today but if I'm stuck in Syracure for the weekend, I still may not mind as I'll come back to Crowne Plaza :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Syracuse is located in the heart of Downtown and easily accessible from the NYS Thruway and Interstate 81. The Hotel caters to not only leisure guests but also to group and business traveler. Guests enjoy attentive service, newly appointed guest rooms and inspired dining at Redfield's Restaurant. Covered parking, free high speed internet, daily newspapers, in-room coffee, in-room safes, shuttle services, and a Fitness Center are just some of the amenities that guests can expect. Crowne Plaza Syracuse features 12,500 square feet of meeting and event space and banquet halls including a Conference Center which accommodates up to 200 people. And for those extra special occasions, our 20th Floor Ballroom features spectacular panoramic views of the Syracuse skyline. For the business traveler, we offer ready access to companies; as well as to Healthcare facilities in the Syracuse area. For those in Syracuse for leisure, the excitement of the Syracuse Orange and the Carrier Dome, Syracuse Crunch AHL Hockey, Syracuse Stage, the Syracuse Symphony Orchestra, the New York State Fair and so much more are within minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Syracuse
- Syracuse Renaissance