“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1060 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY 13210   |
Ranked #10 of 30 hotels in Syracuse
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, three days while attending a conference. I was very pleased with the service from the moment I checked in and continued to pleased as I left, thinking " I need to remember this place if I ever need to be in Syracuse again."
The room was spotless with nice touches like updated brushed nickel bathroom fixtures, a wall mounted flat screen television, and night stands that had a pull out table surface. I appreciated the plentiful towels and toiletries, ice bucket and glasses that are surprisingly sometimes absent in some of the non chain hotels I've stayed in.
I enjoyed breakfast in the hotel restaurant both mornings of my stay. My server Marc was gracious and accommodating, writing separate checks without being asked and bringing me complimentary toast and an apology when my oatmeal took an unusually long time to arrive. It was definitely worth the wait! The steel cut Irish oatmeal served with the vanilla scented milk, almonds and fresh berries was delicious and filling. The second morning I ordered yogurt with fresh berries and granola; also delicious. I enjoyed having options other than the usual eggs, toast and breakfast meats.
Free parking and wi fi, a clean modern room In a hotel with charm, style and gracious service makes me hope I have a reason to return to this centrally located hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ParkviewManagement, Manager at The Genesee Grande Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Irene C,

Thank you for your kind words. We work continuously to provide warm gracious hospitality and cuisine that exceeds our guest’s expectations. We shared your comments with our staff and look forward to your next visit to Syracuse.

Staff & Management

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for a weekend trade show in a nearby mall complex. Great clean hotel, cool lobby, quiet location in Syracuse. Prompt service with a simle in the bar. Was nice and close to my venue. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear ChR0n1k,

Thank you for your kind words. It is our upmost pleasure to provide you with a comfortable stay while visiting Syracuse. Hopefully you found the time during the trade show to enjoy our great restaurant or explore our area. We are satisfied to hear that we meet all of your requirements during your trip and welcome you back anytime that you are in need of a place to rest and enjoy.

Staff & Management
holmdel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were staying at one of their sister hotels and couldn't get the room for an additional night, so stayed here (which was where they sent us to have a full breakfast, not worth it). I felt like a kid again, travelling to a grand hotel w/ my parents. It was beautiful, very classy. The staff, very attentive. Further from pretty much everything you want to visit, but they have a car service that will take you anywhere and pick you up. The drivers act like mini tour guides, and loved the convenience. Parking was free, which was a welcome surprise. Free WiFi; coffee and newspapers in the lobby in the AM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Held a small group meeting at this location recently and it's tough to beat this property for price & value. The staff is very efficient and friendly, the rooms are clean and neat, and the amenities in terms of the restaurant, bar, and meeting rooms are all good.

The location is quiet, parking is free, the complimentary shuttle service is a nice plus, & while it's not in the midst of some sort of restaurant row, there are a few other options within walking distance. The Syracuse University campus is a comfortable walk (if the weather's cooperative).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed our 2 night stay. Pricey breakfast, dinner so so.
However, we would return due to the courteous and friendly staff.
Would suggest that for the price, complementary continental breakfast,
Tea and coffee should be included.
Shuttle service is a nice touch. Drivers extremely helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took advantage of the "Labor Day" special and stayed there for two nights. Very clean room that seems to have been renovated recently. The room has a safe. We had a very quiet and comfortable stay there. The hotel is a little bit far from Armory Square if you want to eat downtown where the restaurants are located. We could walk but we have been told that it was a bit "sketchy". However, the hotel offers free shuttle to downtown and also the airport. Very convenient. There is also a very good and free parking.
Check-in, check-out was also very quick and efficient.

Room Tip: The "standard" room was just perfect, large enough for 2 people.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Upstate, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pros: I saved money by booking through priceline (otherwise I would have been mad if I had paid full price).
Clean
Eco-friendly
Staff friendly and helpful
FREE SHUTTLE -2 mile radius and airport (besides being Clean, this was the redeeming factor in our rating)
Convenient to Armory Square and SU

Cons: Beds very soft!
Awkward room layout, not large enough to fit a table to eat at- or a double bed.
Our room was just big enough for my yoga mat to fit on the floor.
AC was super LOUD- woke us up when it went on and off (every 15 mins)
Barely enough room in the bathroom for toiletries.

I called ahead and let them know it was a birthday trip and they said they would do what they could for us to help us celebrate. NOTHING was done.
We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Genesee Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!