“Motel built around the pool...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 30 hotels in Syracuse
Le Mans, France
“Motel built around the pool...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Well standard hotel built around a roofed pool. Breakfast buffet pic added. Rooms are basic aC is noisy too. Bathroom needs updating and the carpets have a heavy use feel.
Free wifi but you eat around the pool bar area and feels more like a leisure centre
Not my fave stay

• Stayed October 2012
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello,

It seems this review was meant for another hotel. Our hotel does not have a pool. however, next time you are in Syracuse I would love to have you stay with us at The Comfort Inn Fairgrounds. We don't have a pool but we have recently been renovated and still going with improvements ! Our staff is friendly and rooms are clean!

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was in town for business and stayed here. The hotel was under renovation so the lobby area is not too attractive at the moment. The room was ok. It was recently renovated so most things looked new. The hotel is nothing to shout about but at the same time is a decent place to stay. I would stay here again when in town for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We would certainly love to have you back when our renovations are complete. We are making some great improvements to meet the needs of our guests! Soon we will have a business room, guest laundry facility, hospitality room.....and much more.
So come on back ! Our staff is waiting to serve you! Feel free to contact me at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com, I will be happy to make your reservations for your next stay.!

Pender, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was staying there on business with four other coworkers. Some how they manage to screw-up our privileges accounts. So now we are having major issue at all choice hotels we stay at. The rooms were average. I don't think we will be staying their next year. Last year they were under renovations, 365 days later still under renovations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I will be happy to review the choice privilege accounts for you and your coworkers and make the necessary changes and corrections needed. Unfortunately, there is not alot of information here to look up your stay. Please feel free to email me at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com, I will be happy to assist you.

Nichols, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

After reading other reviews, we expected mediocrity. What a pleasant surprise to find a clean, very comfortable, friendly hotel.....even in the midst of obviously disruptive renovations. We've stayed at 5 star hotels that weren't much nicer than this one. Our room was clean, the front desk staff was helpful. The hotel was FULL because of a large show at the NYS Fairgrounds, but they still were happy to work around our schedule and arrange a late checkout for us. Included in the very reasonable price was a fine breakfast with lots of options. If it was this nice at this stage of renovation, I'm anxious to see the finished product! Definitely our place of choice in Syracuse....easy on/off Route 690 that feeds right into the thruway and/or Route 81.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Our Pleasure ! Thank you so much for staying with us Cindy, and your comments are greatly appreciated ! Please come again as we would love for you to see the positive changes as the renovations move forward!

Feel free to contact me anytime at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com. I will be happy to assist you with your future reservations!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have lived within 2 miles of this hotel for the last 25 years and stayed here for 2 nights during our move from Syracuse to Las Vegas. What a wonderful resource in our own neighborhood and we never knew it before! The facility is in the process of remodeling and our room was wonderful. Very modern, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was small, but adequate. The staff was friendly and considerate. This hotel is located at the far western end of Syracuse so it's not near downtown, but if your needs require you to be in the Baldwinsville area, this is an excellent value for your travel lodging dollar. I'd recommend it very highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently remodeled one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and congratulations on your new home in Las Vegas!
We would love to have you stay with us whenever you are visiting in Syracuse! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon !

MaryJo A
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went to Syracuse to visit our son and take in our first SU football game. This motel is not near the fairgrounds about 3-5 miles away? About 15 minutes to the city. Straight shot down interstate 690. Motel is near interstate 690 and 90 which is good. Nothing else around this location. Breakfast was a bit cramped as we had to wait for a table on Sunday morning. Room was ok for the price of $65. Got what I paid for. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: price was good $65. Place will need updating.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We are in the process of making some great improvements here! I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again when our renovations are complete. Your stay will certainly be much more comfortable and we would love to have you back! Please feel free to contact me directly at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com. It will be my pleasure to assit you with your furture reservations.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I always look up on travelzoo before we book any hotel. I was happy at the reviews but was terribly disappointed! Our first room smelled so must and once in we saw why! There was mold covering the walls. My husband went down to speak with the reception attendant and they moved us to another room (with a jacuzzi). Welter second room still smelled musty but we were gonna overlook it this time! That is until a spider crawled out of my bed, the floors were incredibly dirty, and their was hair stuck all over the blankets. Once again my husband went to talk with the lady, 45 min later (almost 1am Thanksgiving night) he came back and had went through 5 other rooms before they found one with two double bed with one of the beds ok enough to sleep in. If it were not for family keeping my two small boys we would have had them with us too. Needless to stay we will never stay again and were very disappointed with the outcome. We left exhausted and with a bad taste in our mouth! Please consider another hotel!!

• Stayed November 2012
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
My apologies for this unusual experience at our hotel. It looks like our guest service agent felt your frustration during this late night check in and did not charge you for your stay ! Again my apologies. I hope you will return during a future visit to Syracuse and give us another chance, Perhaps when our renovations are complete.

Geberal Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!