My wife and I stayed here one night for a trip to Syracuse - our last experience in a Syracuse hotel was not a great one (should have rated it much lower in hindsight), so we were hopeful that the Holiday Inn Express would be different. Overall, it was better, but there is definitely room for improvement.
- Well priced; as others have said, the pricing is good and you get relatively what you'd expect out of a Holiday Inn or like level hotel stay.
- Check in and check out were smooth processes with no nasty surprises.
- Room, hallways, everywhere was clean, well kept.
- Breakfast was everything you'd expect - hot foods like eggs, sausages, bacon, pancakes, and plenty of cold options like cereal, pastries, bagels, yogurt, etc.
- Room was large and spacious, with a flat screen TV
- The bathroom was clean, no mold or mildew, and pretty much what you'd expect (see the pictures for more and complimentary toiletries)
- Probably the biggest gripe I have with the hotel is the noise. I believe there was a youth hockey team staying at the hotel that night, and clearly they wanted to practice. At 11 PM. The noise didn't die down after 45 minutes, so I called the front desk and they promised to take care of it. Took another 45 minutes for the noise to stop. A noise curfew at say 10 PM with a swifter response would really have made a difference for me.
- Yes, as has been mentioned, the location is weird, with poor signage to get you there. With any Navigation system (phone, car, etc.), you won't have any trouble, but the hotel is sort of out in the unknown.
- The bed was quite lumpy and uncomfortable. I've slept in some rustic locations with uncomfortable bedding, but I wasn't expecting it here. Could have been much better.
Again, this isn't my first stay in Syracuse, and I'm well aware that there are other hotels much worse. There is plenty to like about this hotel, but due to my experience with the noise, I'll consider other hotels next time I visit and use this Holiday Inn Express as a backup plan.