Hotels in the Syracuse area are hard to come by. The strange thing is, Mr. and Mrs. ChristianCritic have stayed at and reviewed Holiday Inns before. This particular Holiday Inn was in close proximity to my parents house and to the New York State Thruway, which made it incredibly convenient. My complaints are as follows: the pricing was higher than what was advertised online. The typical $95 a night was actually $105 a night plus taxes and fees. Prior to this stay I have never payed more than night $95 for a stay at the Holiday Inn. Second, the rooms more closely resembled a Super 8 than a Holiday Inn, they appeared outdated, and our room (though non-smoking) smelled quite smokey. My wish for the travelers is that they would find a convenient stay, a comfortable room, and an affordable price. The Holiday Inn Express in Syracuse met some of this criteria but not all. I hope they have plans to make some updates to the rooms (particularly the squishy beds) and ensure that "non-smoking" means just that.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds Hotel Syracuse
- Wingate Hotel Syracuse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spinning Ferris wheels, hot funnel cakes and big name performers like Maroon 5 & Train are waiting for you at the Great New York State Fair, just minutes from the Holiday Inn Express® Syracuse - Fairgrounds Hotel in Warners, NY. Our hotel's convenient location off I-90 and quick access to I-690 means commuting in and out of the city is a breeze. If you're a business traveler looking for hotels near Syracuse, NY with meeting space, we have an event room that accommodates 50 and a boardroom that seats 10. Corporate guests also appreciate that we're close to Lockheed Martin, Sysco Food Services and Anheuser-Busch. A Business Center with copy, print and PC capabilities is provided, as well. In addition to being just four miles from the state fairgrounds, we're near Onondaga Lake Park, which is a great destination for those who love the outdoors. For those who prefer to shop, Carousel Center Mall is close by and Waterloo Premium Outlets are a short drive from Warners, NY. Our hotel's location also has easy access to Empire Expo Center, downtown Syracuse and Armory Square. While you stay at our hotel's facility near Syracuse, NY, you'll enjoy amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and an indoor pool and spa. Each morning, you can enjoy a free, hot breakfast, as well, at the Express Start Breakfast Bar. Call today and let us help you plan your next trip to this beautiful area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.