We stayed there last weekend and didn't have the greatest experience. First off, there was a lot of noise later at night and very early in the morning. I don't know if some sort of dog show was going on but there was constant barking going on. It kept me up for the first night and was annoying. The walls are paper thin and everything, and I do mean everything, can be heard. It was disgusting and unpleasant.
The staff at the front desk on checking in was great but checking out was cold and unfriendly.
On the flip side, the breakfast was awesome and very nicely laid out. The beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom cleaner than most hotels I've stayed at. Cleaning staff was friendly and courteous.
Would I be back? Probably not. It wasn't in the greatest location which made it difficult to find and overall, I like to have quiet nights to sleep. If that's not happening, I'm not usually very impressed.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds Hotel Syracuse
- Wingate Hotel Syracuse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spinning Ferris wheels, hot funnel cakes and big name performers like Maroon 5 & Train are waiting for you at the Great New York State Fair, just minutes from the Holiday Inn Express® Syracuse - Fairgrounds Hotel in Warners, NY. Our hotel's convenient location off I-90 and quick access to I-690 means commuting in and out of the city is a breeze. If you're a business traveler looking for hotels near Syracuse, NY with meeting space, we have an event room that accommodates 50 and a boardroom that seats 10. Corporate guests also appreciate that we're close to Lockheed Martin, Sysco Food Services and Anheuser-Busch. A Business Center with copy, print and PC capabilities is provided, as well. In addition to being just four miles from the state fairgrounds, we're near Onondaga Lake Park, which is a great destination for those who love the outdoors. For those who prefer to shop, Carousel Center Mall is close by and Waterloo Premium Outlets are a short drive from Warners, NY. Our hotel's location also has easy access to Empire Expo Center, downtown Syracuse and Armory Square. While you stay at our hotel's facility near Syracuse, NY, you'll enjoy amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and an indoor pool and spa. Each morning, you can enjoy a free, hot breakfast, as well, at the Express Start Breakfast Bar. Call today and let us help you plan your next trip to this beautiful area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.