“Great hotel for the price.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Picton, Canada
“Great hotel for the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a two star, so the price was good for the quality. We used the park and fly service, it was great. We had to leave at 4:30, the girl opened breakfast for us, then took us right to the airport which is a 5 minute drive. The staff was friendly and veryhelpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We were really impressed by the service provided by Tammy. She came and picked us up at the airport as soon as we called. When we told her we had to leave early the next day she put the coffee on early for us.
She provided exceptional customer service.

The room was extremely clean n the bed was really comfortable.

Would definitely recommend hotel to family and friends

Thank you Tammy for your awesome service

• Stayed March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Despise all the desk guy's (Daniel) helpfulness and will to satisfy customers, I will not return there. Once my party of 5 was set to sleep, I was informed that I will have to pay $20 extra because their rate only applied to 2 adults and 1 child... even if my reservation provided all that info at booking. It was too late to move somewhere else that night, but don't expect any business from me again.

• Stayed March 2013
SSSura, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I have reviewed you comments regarding the rate discrepancy. The website that
provided you the rate for the number of adults you indicated for your reservation should have been the rate that you were charged. That website should give you a correct rate based on the
information that you entered. I assure you there was no attempt to "trap" you although I can
can appreciate how you might feel this way. The associate who charged you for the additional
people was exacting the policy of the hotel as he was instructed to do. The issue was that the associate was not aware that the number of adults had been entered while the reservation was created online. He has been made aware that many reservations (but not all) created online already provide the rate for the specified number of adults. This was an honest mistake, and there was no deliberate attempt to misrepresent the true room rate. I stand by this statement 100%. We are diligently working to correct any inconsistencies across the web, that may potentially be omitting any portion of the policy of our hotel, when it provides a customer with a room rate. We hope that we can earn your business again in the future, and we appreciate the fact that you provided us with this information about your experience.

Jason Hassett
Front Office Manager
Antwerp, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We needed a hotel at the last minute to ride out a storm. Econolodge on line quoted us a 72 dollar rate, that while it may seem expensive, we were in a pinch.
It's very easy to find, just a bit off of Route 81. Because of recent storms, it was hard to find a parking spot due to all the frozen on snow. Luckily, there was a spot right near our room.
The non-smoking room we given was on the second floor, and was clean, fairly new looking, and the tv had lots of channels. Despite reviews here claiming the halls reeked, I didn't notice it. The room was cool when we got there, but heated up quickly with the wall unit just set on low. In fact, we turned the heat off for most of the night because the room was warm enough.
My knucklehead son took a 25 minute shower....(sorry Econolodge owner...) but never ran out of hot water.
When we got downstairs to leave at 6:30 am the next day, the storm had put a foot or more of snow down. The parking lot was cleared, but our car was buried under a couple feet of snow in front of it. One of the hotel employees was helping everyone shovel out, and we were on our way in just a few minutes. Thank you to the Econolodge employee so much!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
muskegon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not happy with Econo Lodge, 5396 South Bay Road, North Syracuse, NY, 13212

I noticed an extra credit card charge of $50.00 for a one night stay at Econo Lodge. When I called the Econo and asked what the extra charge was for, they said I stayed in a room that was not designated for pets. I told them that I informed their front desk at check-in that I had a small dog and that was the room they assigned me. They told me they would credit my account $30.00 but that they were keeping the other $20.00 as a pet fee. I told them that the front desk had informed me at check-in that the pet fee was $10.00. $10.00 is what is currently on their website as a pet fee.

It’s been weeks since Econo Lodge said they would credit my account and my account has not been credited. I am working with my credit card company to get a refund.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is nothing less than DISGUSTING. We went for the weekend to shop in Syracuse. We had to move rooms SIX times because the beds were full of hairs and sweat stains from previous guests and eyelashes and hairs all over the pillows. There was also hairs in the folded towels in the bathroom and the toilet paper rolls in every room were not fresh and were near the end of the roll. When I went to tell the owner about these issues, he was totally unconcerned and I had to ask him how he was going to compensate me. He said he would give me a "discount" for the one of two nights we stayed. I said no I want a full refund and he looked pissed off and just issued the refund and rudely passed me my receipt. As well, the old man who works at the desk was sitting on the couch in the lobby in bare feet (his bare feet on the couch). So gross.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Tammy was extremely friendly, we had some really good conversations about Syracuse area since we were originally from there. One thing I would suggest is that the carpet in, at least, our room be cleaned or replaced. There was a fairly good sized black stain just inside the door. The location was great since the motel was quite near our daughter's house and we stayed for several days. Thank you and say "hi" to Tammy for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse? Share your experiences!