“Not Happy” 1 of 5 stars

muskegon
“Not Happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not happy with Econo Lodge, 5396 South Bay Road, North Syracuse, NY, 13212

I noticed an extra credit card charge of $50.00 for a one night stay at Econo Lodge. When I called the Econo and asked what the extra charge was for, they said I stayed in a room that was not designated for pets. I told them that I informed their front desk at check-in that I had a small dog and that was the room they assigned me. They told me they would credit my account $30.00 but that they were keeping the other $20.00 as a pet fee. I told them that the front desk had informed me at check-in that the pet fee was $10.00. $10.00 is what is currently on their website as a pet fee.

It’s been weeks since Econo Lodge said they would credit my account and my account has not been credited. I am working with my credit card company to get a refund.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is nothing less than DISGUSTING. We went for the weekend to shop in Syracuse. We had to move rooms SIX times because the beds were full of hairs and sweat stains from previous guests and eyelashes and hairs all over the pillows. There was also hairs in the folded towels in the bathroom and the toilet paper rolls in every room were not fresh and were near the end of the roll. When I went to tell the owner about these issues, he was totally unconcerned and I had to ask him how he was going to compensate me. He said he would give me a "discount" for the one of two nights we stayed. I said no I want a full refund and he looked pissed off and just issued the refund and rudely passed me my receipt. As well, the old man who works at the desk was sitting on the couch in the lobby in bare feet (his bare feet on the couch). So gross.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Tammy was extremely friendly, we had some really good conversations about Syracuse area since we were originally from there. One thing I would suggest is that the carpet in, at least, our room be cleaned or replaced. There was a fairly good sized black stain just inside the door. The location was great since the motel was quite near our daughter's house and we stayed for several days. Thank you and say "hi" to Tammy for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Since 2nd floor with no elevator is not an option for a family with kids & baby - had to take a smoking room on 1st floor. However a smoking room should not mean that the room smells like a stale ashtray and has cigarette burns all over the place.
Carpet was filthy and could not walk barefoot. Electrical wires banded up with tape, air-conditioner terribly noisy, holes in walls, torn carpet, light in bathroom not working properly.
My family members refused to use the shower.
Sheets were clean, some of the staff were friendly.
Cut my leg on a sharp piece of metal jutting out from the bed - the hotel does have a first aid kit.
Best thing about the hotel is the Denny's withing walking distance

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SSSura, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
At the time of your visit it seems that we were not able to provide you with the experience that
you had hoped for. The next time you stay with us here in North Syracuse, simply notify the front desk, and we will be happy to assist you with bringing your items to your room. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to earn your business back in the future, as we have addressed the concerns that you pointed out.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the TripAdvisor recommendations and it seemed a good idea to stay outside Syracuse. This was proved because the town was under siege with roadworks, pouring rain and yet another graduation day. The owner and manager (Peter) were extremely helpful with my many questions and the room was exactly what we needed. It was clean and comfortable and big enough for us. We drove into Syracuse several times and walked around after finally finding somewhere to park. The EconoLodge is a in a good position if you want to drive around the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SSSura, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words in your review. Our staff is very pleased to know your stay went as planned. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Manager
Econo Lodge
Stowe VVermont, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My experience began with calling about a hotel. It was the first person that sounded genuinley hospitible and that won me over. After arriving, I was greeted by Tammy who was a friendly face to see on a late night after a long drive. The room was fresh and clean and after kicking on the A.C. I felt right at home. It was a litle warm, but on my four day drive all the hotels I stayed at were initially warm. Overall a great experience and I highly suggest staying here when you're out Syracuse way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
SSSura, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind input.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay stay with us. We take pride in customer service and helping make a tough day easier for weary travelers!

Best regards

Morristown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked the more expensive suite because I was leaving very early in the am to catch a flight and wanted a coffemaker. when I got up at 2:30 to get ready to leave the coffeemaker didn't work! There wasn't time to deal with the issue but I was mad. Also when I arrived the room was very hot and it took a while to cool down with the ac on high, I had to get to bed early so I couldn't just put the ac on and then go somewhere to give it time to cool down. Also, the toilet was dirty, very dorty! I was too tired to deal with it so I cleaned it up myself. Yes(to the critics) I could have called the front desk and had them take care of it but as I said I needed to get to sleep. Also it should have been clean, a dirt toilet in a pubic place is just nasty. I just needed a decent place to sleep and other than the things mentioned above the room was ok;however sometimes small things make a big difference ESPECIALLY when I paid more for this type of room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your input.
We are determined to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. We apologize for the issues you had during your stay and we will make sure your next stay is excellent!
Hope to see you again in future, whenever you come we will try our best to keep you happy and smiling.

Best regards

Peter Cole

Been to Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse? Share your experiences!