“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the TripAdvisor recommendations and it seemed a good idea to stay outside Syracuse. This was proved because the town was under siege with roadworks, pouring rain and yet another graduation day. The owner and manager (Peter) were extremely helpful with my many questions and the room was exactly what we needed. It was clean and comfortable and big enough for us. We drove into Syracuse several times and walked around after finally finding somewhere to park. The EconoLodge is a in a good position if you want to drive around the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SSSura, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words in your review. Our staff is very pleased to know your stay went as planned. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Manager
Econo Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stowe VVermont, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My experience began with calling about a hotel. It was the first person that sounded genuinley hospitible and that won me over. After arriving, I was greeted by Tammy who was a friendly face to see on a late night after a long drive. The room was fresh and clean and after kicking on the A.C. I felt right at home. It was a litle warm, but on my four day drive all the hotels I stayed at were initially warm. Overall a great experience and I highly suggest staying here when you're out Syracuse way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
SSSura, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, May 24, 2012

Thank you for your kind input.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay stay with us. We take pride in customer service and helping make a tough day easier for weary travelers!

Morristown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked the more expensive suite because I was leaving very early in the am to catch a flight and wanted a coffemaker. when I got up at 2:30 to get ready to leave the coffeemaker didn't work! There wasn't time to deal with the issue but I was mad. Also when I arrived the room was very hot and it took a while to cool down with the ac on high, I had to get to bed early so I couldn't just put the ac on and then go somewhere to give it time to cool down. Also, the toilet was dirty, very dorty! I was too tired to deal with it so I cleaned it up myself. Yes(to the critics) I could have called the front desk and had them take care of it but as I said I needed to get to sleep. Also it should have been clean, a dirt toilet in a pubic place is just nasty. I just needed a decent place to sleep and other than the things mentioned above the room was ok;however sometimes small things make a big difference ESPECIALLY when I paid more for this type of room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your input.
We are determined to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. We apologize for the issues you had during your stay and we will make sure your next stay is excellent!
Hope to see you again in future, whenever you come we will try our best to keep you happy and smiling.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

After an initial mishap our stay was fine. The management upgraded us to a suite which was just what we were looking for. Everyone was wonderful. The "continental breakfast" was more than that and got us on our way when we left.

Room Tip: Book a suite if posible, if not one with coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. We have to have coffee...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SSSura, General Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
May 15, 2012

Thank you for your kind input.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent graduation stay stay with us.

Cortland, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We returned to Econo Lodge again after visiting last April for the Park and Fly program. Again, we had a very clean room. What was definitely different this visit was the entire feel of the property. Sanjay has come in as the General Manager, and has made some really great additions to this hotel. Sanjay checked us in efficiently when we arrived. As soon as we entered our room we realized that someone had recently been smoking in a non smoking room. Sanjay immediately moved us to another room, which was perfect, and asked us to fill out a form detailing our problem with the room. To us, it was not a big deal as the hotel cannot control smoking that goes on in rooms-but it was very obvious to us that this Econo Lodge values its guest satisfaction and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure that all guests are satisfied.
As we were again parking and flying we had to leave very early (3:45 AM) to get to the airport. Last year we had to ring a bell to wake up someone to drive us to the airport. Now, there is staff at the front desk 24/7. We felt valued, rather than an inconvenience. The girl who took us and picked us up from the airport was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is now out all day (with the exception of the waffles) to accomodate early trips to the airport. There is also a very nice breakfast room. Last year the "breakfast room" was a small counter, and was only available during the breakfast hours.
Our pickup from the airport was equally efficient, and she was actually out there waiting for us as soon as we picked up our bags.
Overall, we think this property has really blossomed in the year since our last visit. It was clear to us that Sanjay understands the small things that make a big difference in guest satisfaction. We certainly will stay here again for our airport travels in the future.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has been renovated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SSSura, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind input.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent "park and fly" stay with us.

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

When we called to book a room and mentioned we were flying out the next morning, I was informed of their stay and fly package. This gave us a great deal since we were away 14 days. Also had great help with restaurant directions that night, and their shuttle service was convenient and reliable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SSSura, General Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to review us and also for your kind input.
It was pleasure to have you with us, please keep coming.
We are updating our rooms and next time when you will come,
I assure you that you will have better feel about rooms

Best regards and best wishes

canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for 1 night approx 1 week before Christmas and would definitely recommend it. Our flight was very early in the morning, so we checked in the night before to save us a very early drive. The man who worked the front desk was very friendly, gave us directions to the mall and suggestions for things to do in the area and to do on our way back home. He also drove us to the airport in the morning (we choose whatever time worked best for us). We left our car there for the 10 days we were away, saving us parking fees at the airport. In the end, it may have only cost us an additional $20-30 to stay here for 1 night and to park for 10 days, as it would have to have driven up that day and parked our car at the airport, so well worth it. I believe they also offer a shuttle service back from to the airport to the hotel, but we choose to just call a cab instead. So all in all it was the perfect place to stay, close to restaurants, the mall, and about a 5 min drive to airport max. The place was clean and rooms were nicer than I expected. The only weird thing I found was, when we returned back from our trip, I wanted to pop in quickly to the office to let them know I was picking up my car. The door was locked though, and although I tried to ring the doorbell a few times, nobody ever came to help me. Not a big deal for me, but if you were coming to check-in, this would have been an inconvenience as I'm not sure how long you would have had to wait outside in the snow for somebody?? I plan to stay here again the next time I fly from Syracuse!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
SSSura, General Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and thank you very much for taking time to write a review about us.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and valued our "park and fly" package to be economic & also very convenient.

For the inconvenience you had on your arrival, I sincerely apologize. During that night we had lots of arrivals and our trip to pick up our valued guests from the airport were also in volume, both our Front desk person and attendant must have been out to the airport to pick up several guests, it does not take more than 7 to 10 minutes and they might have kept the door locked.
You are absolutely right.
We will definitely keep your suggestion in mind and always keep an additional arrangement to prevent any inconvenience to our esteem guests.
Once again I would like to thank you for giving us an assurance to repeat your stay with us.

Best regards and best wishes
Sanjay Sura

Been to Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse? Share your experiences!