“Comfort and tasteful environment” 5 of 5 stars

You added Parkview Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   713 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY 13210   |
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Syracuse
Ayer's Cliff, Canada
“Comfort and tasteful environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just spent 2 nights with my husband at this hotel. We were there for visiting friends/family so it was important to be able to relax in our room when the time avails. The staff, right from the minute we registered to the time of check-out, couldn't have been more attentive and polite! Even the cleaning crew was extremely quiet and accomodating. I had a meeting down in the lobby area with gas fireplace and attractive sitting area - very suitable. Breakfast (hot and cold options) was well appointed and staff kept the supply always fresh from the kitchen. Our room was on the 5th floor, with hugh louvered shutters that could bring in the light or offer you privacy- nice touch! We selected room with kitchenette for refrig and more space in case we entertained. We both said numerous times we would return. PS The restaurant options both upstreet (Phoebies and La Dolce) or at Armory Square will keep your belly happy!

Room Tip: I chose to be on the right side of building (away from Rt 81 overpass) for sound, and 5th floor to a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear suzi d,

What a great review to share with staff! The shutters and the complimentary hot/cold breakfast is part of our renovations and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed it. Please visit us again soon!

Staff & Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
York Harbor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Out of the way, but still walking distance to SU, the Carrier Dome, the hospitals, and - a bit further - Arsenal Square. Quiet, even though it is near the freeway - the hotel next door blocks that noise.

Quiet. Nice friendly service. Good price for the rooms, which are big. It has been renovated recently, it seems, and the place is bright and clean. It's an old school hotel, built in the 1920s, and still has a bit of art deco to it.

The lobby is fantastic. A fireplace makes it a cozy spot to hangout on a winter day or night in Syracuse. It also has a mini-mart with an assortment of snacks, wine, beer, and sundries. A decent breakfast, free, in the mornings; with plenty of cereals, muffins, breads, fruit, juices, a hot dish, and coffee.

In short, a nice quiet little hotel convenient to SU, Marshall Street, the Dome, and downtown Syracuse.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bob L,

Thank you for the great review and mentioning of the renovations/additions. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels throughout the years that run the gambit from excellent to poor. My stay at the Parkview Hotel in Syracuse, NY, however, was the finest experience I've had at any hotel yet! From the moment I checked in (early), the courteous and friendly manner with which I was received by the staff, to the condition of the well appointed room, and through checkout, the Parkview Hotel is as fine an establishment as I've come across. They have earned my loyalty and I will stay with them during any future trips to Syracuse. In particular, I would like to thank Nicole and Courtney for their hospitality!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear SeanMcGinnisScanlon,

What a wonderful review to read. We are thrilled to be your finest experience and grateful for your loyalty. Our staff is excited to see you soon!

se ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

After a little trouble getting to the hotel (not much parking in front) I was pleasantly surprised, as I checked in after dark and the neighborhood looks a little iffy at night. The lobby is just lovely and the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, which I really needed at the time, after a tough car trip.

My room was on the 6th floor, spacious with 2 queens, microwave, and mini fridge. My only issue with the room itself was the lack of a place to hang clothing. There were plenty of outlets for all my electronics, which was nice (and a pleasant change from last time I stayed in Syracuse at a different hotel). When I first walked into the room it was a bit of a chuckle: the dated furniture gave me the comfy feeling of checking into my grandmother's apartment. This is not to say that it is old, but more of a boutique hotel, homey feeling. No sterile feeling at all.

Though only one elevator was working, I never had to wait long, so not an issue. The lobby is in the middle of renovations, but it is so charming I almost wish that I had time to hang by the fireplace and read a book with a cup of tea. Parking in back was easy and there was plenty. All in all, a great experience, and I would stay again.

Special thanks to the staff. It was a tough day all around, and I had spent 6 hours in the car listening to the tragedy of Newtown unfold on CNN Radio. A warm welcome and helpful smiles were exactly what I needed on that horrible day.

Stayed December 2012
Dear kambea,

Thank you for your review. We absolutely share the same thoughts of the heart-breaking Newtown tragedy. It is wonderful to hear our staff was helpful and welcoming. We look forward to your next visit and hope you can enjoy the fireplace in the lobby with your book and cup of tea.

Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went down for Black Friday and needed a hotel near the mall. This one received fairly good reviews and was relatively inexpensive. You never know what you're going to get in Syracuse unless you know the area well. There are parts of the town that are extremely sketchy. While I wouldn't walk around alone at night, the hotel was very pleasant. The rooms were spacious, clean and well decorated. We had a fridge one night and when we checked out and decided to stay another night and checked back in, we had a room with a fridge and microwave. The hotel has a nice ambience. Built in the 20's the architect is very warm. The staff was great and the only complaint I have is the placement of the pop and ice machine. Both are in the basement, making my 13 year old a little scared to go alone. There's plenty of parking in the rear and there's a lovely fountain across the street in the small park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear WISIWERERICH,

Thank you for choosing the Parkview Hotel while visiting Syracuse and deciding to extend your stay. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tip: An additional ice machine is located on the 4th floor.

Please Note: We are proud to announce that the Parkview Hotel elevator has been completely rebuilt and it is fully functional. In addition, after January 1st 2013, we will now include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Fresh coffee, juice, eggs, sausage and pastries to start your day all combined with free WIFI and free parking! Please come and see us again soon.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We booked a room through Priceline and stayed here the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We got a great deal and were upgraded to a suite when were arrived. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The person who helped us check in at reception was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again the next time we pass through Syracuse!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear albondiga,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff looks forward to your return!

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that a deal on Priceline landed us at this hotel, as we had pretty much decided on a 1 1/2 star hotel in downtown Syracuse as it was a known entity and served our purpose (to be in a good location to visit Dinosaur BBQ, Al's Wine and Whisky Bar and do some shopping). We were quite surprised that this 3 star ended up to be so beautiful! The fitness room was good as was the location, but the room itself was quite lovely. Having a kitchenette with a beautiful view of the park made for a stay where we didn't feel that the room was 'just a place to sleep'. Lovely TV on a rotating stand, great amenities and a comfortable king size bed. Will definitely do this hotel the next time I get to Syracuse if I can get a similar deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear littlemack100,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations. Please come visit us again at the Parkview Hotel, stop by your favorite places (Dinosaur BBQ, Al’s Wine and Whiskey Lounge) and maybe go for a little shopping spree at the new Destiny USA. We look forward to your return!

Staff & Management

Been to Parkview Hotel? Share your experiences!