“Amazing Steakhouse.. Seriously!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing Steakhouse.. Seriously!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and i were travelling through Syracuse in Late october early november. &wanted a steak house, after deliberating on which one to go to we decided on Daniella's. Hey how bad can it be right? well let me tell you. IT'S FREAKING AMAZING.

The location: One its partly attached to a hotel so it looked kind of dodgy, but stilll decided to go ahed. teh inside decore is dark and candle lit, kind of romantic, Very small, few tables hardly no lights, but a small cozy restaurant. we orderd a bruchetta entree. it wasnt the best TBH. Bread was hard, and just not worth the price, so i had my reservations about ordering a 30$ steak but i am sure glad i did. It was Cooked oviously to perfection it was tender it was absolutely worth the horrible entre. HA! Would i go back absoutely. should you go visit absolutely. The best part was we couldnt eat the whole steak so we took it to go and accidently one waiter threw it out so a waitress came back to appologize and gave us another full size steak at no extra charge,

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chaumont, New York
“First Time - Thanks Tripadvisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friend and I went here on the majority great reviews. I like to look at the whole picture and not just one or two reviews.

Seated promptly at 5 PM and drink orders were taken right and on the table promptly. Lemon twist was acutaully a talented twist and not just a hunk of lemon in my drink. Bottled beer for my friend.

Bread was solid. My friend was a little more about it than I was (I like a little more chew, however it was served with a nice piped honey butter. Nice touch!

We each had an appitizer. A breaded calimari (I forget the sauce but very good and tender). I had special seared scollops with lump crabmeat and a citrus hollindaise. Avery good appetizer.

Salads were large portions and very good. We both had italian dressing with crumbly blue. No skimping. there and ver fresh and cold.

My friend had a Delmonico rare topped with a gorganzola and carmelized onions. Very good. I felt the onions could have been a bit more prominent, but not a bad thing. And it was rare,

I myself had a a veal chop rare its was served with home made gnocci served with a light brown butter/sage. Both dinners came with fresh snipped grean beans.

Restaurant was clean, service was very good, our Biz (server) was young and learning, Nothing bad at all.

My friend is not usually a dessert eater and if it sounds good I do like a good dessert.. Now here is where my 4 star went to a five! One of the owners of the restaurant came to our table to ask about our experience. A person that cares that much about he and his wife's business gets another at least another half point.

So where does the the extra push me to a five star. The owner described that the desserts were all home made by his wife. That was enought for me - bring on the tiramissu.

I am 49 and have eaten out a lot. Hands down the best tiramissu ever! My friend ate half of it to!. We will be back next Saturday night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Watertown,N.Y.
“Well worth the trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I dined there last sat. night, and was very impressed! The calamari steak fried and served with a garlic butter sauce was great. My freind started with a scallop appetizer and was equaly as happy. The salads were very good, and loaded with great garnishes. Bread was good as well, served with honey infused butter. Entrees were good as well, the 20oz. Delmonico was rare as ordered and a veal chop was also a hit. Desserts are made in house by the owners wife. They were over the top. We are planning a second visit this week! I recomend to my fellow trip advisors this restaurant is a must stop.Service is good and a great diningroom round out this dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friend and I just visited Daniella's and what a disappointment! Here I heard rave reviews and we were so disappointed that we actually said something to the wonderful waitress. She was great, however, the meal was awful. The Steak Diane was nothing but two filets in heavy gravy. Not the anticipated light sauce it's supposed to be. The prime rib was just tasteless! And to top it all off, our meal - I mean everything was stone cold. We were the first ones in at 5pm and our meal should have been nice and hot and ready. It wasn't! The smashed potatoes were ice cold like they never were heated - the salad dressing was non existant. The lettuce was so washed that it drowned out the dressing so it tasted very limp and bland. I was so upset with this whole meal. I would never recommend this place. Obviously they cater to the traveler and know they won't be back - so why care. Seriously dissappointing - not worth the $95 for dinner for two!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
DeWitt, New York
“Great place in the NYS Fairgrounds neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical as I entered, as this is a somewhat small restaurant that shares a building with a fairly ordinary Best Western hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised at the very good food, generous portions, and attentive service. I live on the other side of town and this is a little out of the way, but I'll definitely be back.

While this is a steakhouse, it has an Italian influence as it offers risotto and pasta as alternatives to potato, and ciabatta bread is served with the meals. Not that there's any reason to avoid the baked potato--the one served with my wife's meal was absolutely huge (and tasty). I can't say whether the desserts are good, as we were so full that we couldn't try them.