“What a treasure” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“What a treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The same host on our trip who ordered from Darwins for lunch (yum), sent us out to Riley's for dinner. Could not have found better on our own. We walked in the back into the bar and our jaws dropped just from the beauty of the place. We did not realize there was another room- that was amazing also. Was expecting to only get bar food, and was surprised to be given a full, hand written menu with all sorts of good options. We had fish and chips and sides of Irish fries and asparagus. Enough food for an army and all delicious. Should have left room for dessert.

• Visited June 2014

BALDWINSVILLE
“The Best of Syracuse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have no idea where they came up with the chefs for this small, elegant, out of the way bar and restaurant--much more than bar food! The chefs sure know what they are doing. We go on Thursday nights after our community band rehearsal and the staff is always friendly and glad to see us. Sometimes there are 5 of us and sometimes 11 or 12--either way, the wait staff is very efficient and fun. The food is fantastic--ask for Irish Fries--you can order them crispy or softer, either way--sooo good. Made from real potatoes and sliced sideways. Every day the menu changes and each item is a little different than any other place we've eaten. I don't drink, but the others in my party say the beers and wine are great. I brought my husband a couple of times and he loved the bacon bleu cheeseburger and also the sauteed chicken livers with onions and mushrooms. I had pulled pork quesadillas and they were wonderful. We've shared a few desserts, too and everybody always takes a takeout box home. We usually call ahead when we are leaving rehearsal and they have a table ready for us when we get there. If you get online before you go, you can view the menu for each day. Can't praise the place enough. You really gotta try it!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The Best Local Restaurant in Syracuse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Riley' has an ever-changing menu featuring the freshest local specialties, and unique flavor combinations. We have been going there for 20 years, and heave never been disappointed. Great food, wonderful wines, and friendly, attentive staff. The best restaurant in Syracuse for a mid-week dinner, or special evening.

• Visited April 2014
Newtown, Connecticut
“the most amazing desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I don't usually like desserts, but their raspberry pie is made with 3 lbs of fresh raspberries. It is amazing. The crust is flaky yet substantial enough to soak up all that raspberry goodness without being soggy! The dinner paled in comparison to dessert! I told the waiter the chef overcooked the fish. The sauce on the fish was pretty good so I ate half of the fish anyway. They bought me a glass of wine, so I was happy.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Patterson
“A gem in Syracuse!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was looking for a nice place to eat before heading to an Orangemen game. I had a very finicky eater and a vegetarian with me so I had quite a task catering to both needs. Well Riley's delivered. We went on a Friday night which features a fish based menu, but also had plenty of choices for meat eaters. I was extremely surprised with the food. It was absolutely excellent. The atmosphere was great, and there were plenty of others who were going to the game in the place as well. Poured a tremendous Guinness from a vast beer menu. Plenty of local beers too. The others in my party stopped all conversation to concentrate on the food when it came. Service was fantastic, and food matched. I don't find myself there often, but would definitely return if I do go back to Syracuse. I would rate this as a can't miss!!!

• Visited December 2013