“Hotel takeout” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Boston, MA
“Hotel takeout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ordered takeout from Acropolis the last time we stayed in Syracuse. I thought the pizza was okay and wasn't a fan of the wings. Pretty affordable but I think there are tastier options in the area. The Marshall Street location is really convenient.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

USA
“Greasy food, slow service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recently placed a delivery order, was estimated food would arrive in one hour. Two hours later, it finally came and was cold. I feel bad for the delivery driver; his excuse was that he was the only driver working on a Saturday night.

Even when I visit the restaurant during the day and it is dead inside, the service is abysmally slow. The food is sub-par, overly greasy and not very flavorful. Will not be ordering from them again; the only draw is the convenient location.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“I don't know why...but I still go here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Acropolis Pizza on the hill at SU has been in this location severing the same great hot subs for as long as I remember. In fact I remember the guy behind the counter when he was Zorba's assistant. Zorba's was "THE" sub and Pizza place (along with The Varsity) back in the 80's when I went to school here. In fact the great subs I have been eating here for the past 25 years are the same sub recipie that they use to serve at Zorba's.
It just seams this place is getting old, the service is slow, the decor is boring but the subs are still great. With all new places to eat on Marshall Street I'm just not sure that Acropolis is still worth the stop?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Pizza alright, wings are TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

For somewhere claiming to be a "pizza house" their pizza is alright (we didn't order it last night but I've had it in the past), however some friends and I ordered wings from there last night (because they were pretty much the only place open after 8pm on a Sunday for wings) and we were all disappointed. Our ordered was screwed up. We got charged extra for splitting an order of 36 wings even though they didn't give us 3 flavors we wanted (only two). They weren't crispy. They had this weird like batter on them, the sauce was terrible, they weren't even that saucy anyways, the breaded ones were gross. Just overall disgusted in them. We also ordered cheese fries to split and they put the cheese on the side which I thought was weird, but those weren't terrible if you don't mind your cheese fries with processed cheese sauce instead of fresh cheese. I've had better chicken wings from a corner store. These looked at tasted like they were microwaved or something. NEVER again will I order wings there. Totally didn't satisfy our craving for wings. When we ordered we were told 15-20 minutes. And had to wait when we got there too. That was annoying, they didn't look busy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Great Exuma
“Canned mushrooms on pizza?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

A late night meal and there isn't much in the area so we stopped here to pick up a pizza to take back to the hotel. It seemed prefab and had canned mushrooms instead of fresh ones - never had that before and it was yucky.

Visited July 2012