“meeting place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“meeting place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We use the restaurant for business meetings at least twice a month. Food is good, inexpensive and the waitstaff are great. They have the fastest and most friendly bar maid ever. Great food most of the time especially dinner

Visited July 2012

Manlius, New York
“Real deal Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Yeah, outdated interior, etc. However, we came here to eat. This place serves up the classic Italian dishes with perfection. Service is top notch. Try the chicken riggies...spicy, that is! Homemade sauce is to die for.

Serving sizes are a bit on the large size - your waiter/waitress will happily box your leftovers up and you'll have a nice snack the next day.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“could use a facelift”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I went to Casa Di Copani for the first time and I was a bit skeptical when I first walked in since it was completely empty and the interior is very outdated and could definitely use a facelift. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and the service was excellent and fast. The 3 course meal begins with soup and salad and I thought the soup tasted just like canned soup, but the salad was very large and good. The main course meal and the bread were both very delicious and certainly the redeeming qualities for the restaurant. I would recommend the restaurant based on the main course meal for sure, just don't expect too much from the decor/atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
connecticut
“great italian food, and they take real good care of you, anything you want they can do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

we were 11 people and the service was perfect, One guy wanted a special order and he had it, no problem. When in Syracuse you should try this place.

Visited August 2012
Syracuse, New York, United States
“The return of Copani's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family has been coming here since I was a kid...it is my dad's favorite place in town for veal. However the past few years the quality had definitely gone downhill. We just had inconsistent experiences there.

That is no more - we recently went here for my mom's birthday and it was absolutely delicious. The quality was as I remembered from years ago. We started off with the clams casino - they put all other clams casino in town to shame (even Clam Bar). We all got the $2 addition to our dinners so we also received soup and big helpings of yummy antipasto salad.

My dad ordered his typical veal oscar and it was to die for...melt in your mouth veal, amazing sauce. And they are one of the only restaurants in town who raised their prices but didn't significantly cut their portion sizes.

I got the shrimp and scallop alfredo - again, melt in your mouth scallops, jumbo shrimp and perfectly cooked al dente fettuccine. The alfredo sauce wasn't too thick and it tasted great left over.

I am very happy to see this place revived again - only suggestion would be to update the bathrooms, they're kinda gross!

• Visited June 2012